Football Euro 2012

I love the fact that Lawro refers to England as we and us despite having been an Irish international. What next, Vinnie Jones in a Welsh shirt? Oh wait... Jones the donkey perhaps LOL

(Sorry to all Welsh contributors , I've been listening to Under Milk Wood, it colours you perception and doesn't break down any stereo types)
But they are not stereotypes, and I truly mean this, at the time that's what Wales and the Welsh were like. The problem comes when you ****s think we're like that now.

Thank you Gethin the Pedant :snigger: I do love Under Milk Wood a beautiful, lyrical play and, of course, there's Richard Burton.

There will always be Richard Burton, and the wonderful Victor Spinetti who died a week or so ago. Also Ryan Davies, a man who was possibly the funniest Welsh comic of all time, very little known outside the Principality but a genius.
Sorry, wrong thread.

The reason that Lawro commentates on the English games in qualifiers and tournaments is because it's the BBC's pathetic attempt at impartiality. They think if they have an "Irish" co-commentator then they can't be accused of being biased. It's the same with Andy Townsend on ITV. These two do not consider themselves Irish in any way and only played for them because they were never good enough for England. That's why the Irish always get the piss ripped out of them, and now it's happening to Scotland where we cap these dreadful English players who struggle in the championship for god sake, and who are only eligible for selection because their Granny liked the taste of shortbread.

What a fabulously infuriating match Spain v Portugal is. It needs to go in the net, either end, but won't.

Did you here them playing Y Viva Espana by Sylvia after the game? :sick:

For all you youngsters, enjoy...

Hopefully, they've played well in all their games (like Germany) and have proven that they are fit enoug to fight out with the best two teams in Europe, a draw against Spain, and a win over Germany.

I really hope they do win, been a breath of fresh air, just like how Germany where in the last world cup. Pirlo's been pure class, Chiellini is also a sensational player along with Buffon. Not sure why Pirlo is all of a sudden getting recognition now? Him and Gattuso where awesome for Milan, and Italy all those years back.

Germany fans must be annoyed, their team was young during the world cup, but this was there chance, the team is still young though, I wouldn't write them off for the next world cup or euros.

Well played Italy.

Back
Top Bottom