Football Euro 2012

Ok, the Italians won't win.

I think Mark Lawrenson may have placed a bet on Torres getting the golden boot...

pirlo-severus-snape.jpg

Dear Mario,

I know it will come as very little compensation tonight, but your long lost family over here know exactly how you're feeling.

Sure losing 4-0 and chasing shadows for 90 minutes can't be much fun, but it happens to the best of us now and again.

And if you're ever after dumping them Italians that you're lumbered with, we've got a wee team here ourselves that you'd fit right in with.

And I can say with a good deal of experience that the Guinness is much better here than it is in either Rome or Manchester.

Your Sincerely,
Patrick Bal O'Telly
County Waterford
Ireland

Blimey. Are we about to witness at Silverstone the longest pitstop in Ferrari's history when Alonso makes his stop? :D

VIVA ESPANA VIVA ESPANA

Well we've got the confederations cup to look forward to in 2013 in Brazil.

Teams to who have qualified:

Brazil - HOSTS
Spain - World cup winners
Italy - As Spain won the world cup Italy qualify as Euro 2012 runners-up.
Japan - Asia's cup winners 2011
Mexico - North America's cup winners 2011
Uruguay - Copa America winners 2011
Tahiti - Oceanic winners 2012
Unknown team from Africa - Will be the team that wins the 2013 African Cup of nations.

With all due respect to Tahiti they're going to be completely outclassed in the Confederations Cup. Nevertheless congratulations to them they'll have a wonderful time in Brazil. They probably never thought they'd ever play in a major competition in their life.

Should New Zealand be embarrassed by this? I think most people outside Oceania (me included) thought they were a cut above the other teams in that section but maybe it's more competitive than we thought. They didn't even make the final of the nations cup, it was New Caledonia.

You got to give it to Tahiti, d'you reckon they could have dreamt of playing Brazil at the Maracana? Now its just a favourable draw away.

It'll be done with FIFA World Rankings. So, it'd be

Pot 1: BRAZIL (HOSTS), SPAIN (ALMOST CERTAINLY TOP RANKED FROM THIS LOT)
Pot 2: URUGUAY, ITALY
Pot 3: MEXICO, JAPAN or AFRICA CHAMPIONS
Pot 4: JAPAN or AFRICA CHAMPIONS, TAHITI

I'm confused, what was that incident about? And why was Casillias challenging the team?

It's as if Casillias has been around for ages, the guys still only 31, as a goalkeeper he's still got a long way to go. Like Buffon, was one of the best keepers when he was young, and both still are. Feel sorry for him though at Real Madrid, as the defense tends to let him down, in the past, and in the present.

Slyboogy

Casillas was asking the assistant referee to get the Referee to blow the whistle out of respect for the Italian team. Italy had been playing with 10 men (through no fault of they own) and were died on their feet. Iker had enough of seeing his side toy with the Italian side. So he wanted the Ref to blow his Whistle so it would put the Italian team out of their misery.

Back
Top Bottom