Driver Numbers

It can mean both a secret vote or to draw lots. I assume the former.

screenshot.34.jpg

Yeah I read that too the other day and couldn't find it again, it would be another pointless rule if they are not getting a free choice.

The ballot part is based on the drivers first second and third choices one of these choices is chosen at random and given to the driver and so it is part choice and part ballot.

So lets say 3 drivers want 27 plus two other choices the draw is done on championship finishing positions so say Vettel wants 27 he doesn't necessarily get that number just because he finished first in the 2013 championship his numbers are drawn first at random and if 27 comes up then he gets it if it doesn't then tough he is stuck with one of his other choices and one of the other drivers gets a crack at number 27 this stops the higher placed drivers from bagsying the most popular numbers.

I hope I have explained this well and it doesn't sound like gibberish.

I expect their will be a whole bells and whistles televised draw just like the FA cup draw is and actually it may be a good watch better than the other shit that is put on at Christmas anyway..

Last edited:
There is no need for a ballot ... there is no need for numbers ... forget numbers ... the only team that includes numbers you can actually see is Williams ... we need to go with nicknames ... and not what your friends call you .... it needs to be like Animal House ... with a 14 pints of Guinness to the wind Eddie Irvine bestowing the nicknames ...

Pastor .... from now on, your F1 nickname to be <hic. ... buuuuurp> displayed on your car in big bright yellow letters is ....

Back
Top Bottom