Double Points in the Final Race

I reckon they should award 500 points for the last race and have done, then at least Chilton would stand a chance at the title if everyone else crashed or summut...

Imagine that eh 22 drivers still in with a chance come the last race, mint....

Last edited:
you know I wonder how many of these ideas will be pushed through seeing mandatory two pit stops has also been vetoed

- naturally Red Bull will suffer the most - Vettel thinks the double points idea is absurd...I wonder then if this will force Red Bull to follow the cost cap
------------------

Mezzer lets have short cuts again or cars must be stationary in the pitstop for 5 seconds at least

I am surprised he has not mentioned weight ballast like DTM use to do if you kept winning by putting 50kg on the lead car

The question I want to know is how this will effect the Fantasy F1! Would we get double points at the last race too?!

In all seriousness, this is one of the dumbest ideas I've heard in a long time. Call me a nut but I just wonder if there is anything to turn our attention away from? Isn't Bernie's court case still going on?

Il_leone I would put nothing past him. On the subject of ballast, though, I am open to the concept of a "standard driver weight" that would need to be met by ballast if the driver was small (said ballast being located in performance-neutral positions as directed by the FIA so don't get excited Mr Newey ;)), this might help alleviate the concerns of the larger/taller drivers. I don't mean setting it at 15 stone of course, just having the ability for greater weight parity.

Mezzer ballast in that way would not be performance neutral as the driver sits in a specific position and any extra ballast can and is distributed around the car to benefit handling i.e giving the car a lower centre of gravity or more weight to the front or rear depending on the type circuit....

In my world all drivers would be weighed 30 mins before the start of each session, the weight of the heaviest would be the benchmark then every driver would have to eat as many pork pies as it takes to make their weight up to the benchmark by 10 mins before lights out. There would be no qualifying, the fastest driver to meet the weight would be given 2nd place on the grid. Toileting between weighing and lights out would not be allowed. There would be no arguments about where ballast was placed, underweight drivers would start from the pits with a time delay based on their gap to benchmark weight.
**** off Ecclestone et al, that's a proper solution.

To build on gethinceri 's point, why don't we put the ballast in the drivers' coveralls. Get weighted coveralls to meet a predetermined weight for all.

If you wanted to add ballast to the most winningest or dominant drivers you could add it in the same manner. As long as that is considered performance neutral.

Weight would still have to be in pork pies though, Westy, that would be great in the hot confines of an F1 cockpit. An important part of the regulations would be the post race weigh-in too, as the melted aspic (and any body fluids excreted during the race) would need to be re-ingested prior to the driver's arrival at the scales.
You just know that this is the best suggestion that you've heard in F1 for years.

naturally Red Bull will suffer the most
Why? If Vettel (or anyone else for that matter) is in a similar position coming into the last race as this year, he's just as likely to win that race too and bag the double points for himself.

This is an utterly, utterly idiotic rule which is stretching my lifelong (and that's long!) love of the sport to its limit.
>:(:givemestrength:>:(:givemestrength:>:(:givemestrength:>:(:givemestrength:>:(:givemestrength:

I can't believe it.....

Well as Ferrari was one of the teams to agree, I hope Alonso arrives in Abu Dhabi with a 50 point lead (2 race wins less however) over Sebastian Vettel, is then forced to retire after leading the race for 52 laps which hands Vettel both race and title victory. LOL

...or maybe not. I've had a quick look over the net at who voted for what and there seems to be a few conflicting reports.
The general consensus seems to be that Red Bull voted against it, Mercedes and Ferrari appear to be in favour.... none of it matters abyway as long as they're part of the group that agreed with the move.
Looks like this one's going through.

Back
Top Bottom