d'Ambrosio: See the stats and make your mind up.

Does d'Ambrosio deserve a shot higher up the grid?

• Total voters
Renault have lots of drivers under contract, they have Kubica, Petrov, Senna, Grosjean and Heidfeld has came out saying he is wanting a future with Renault, I wonder what their driver line up will be like next year, especially if Kubica isn't back (hope he is though).

Now that's a lot of drivers, throw d'Ambrosio in there...and then wooow!!! That's 6 drivers! No wonder Renault have finance issues :snigger:

I would imagine Petrov is retained if he keeps up his current performance level, number 2? Really its a fight between Kubica, Heidfeld and possibly Senna...

Can you please provide me with doctor's evidence that he had a "cracked vertebra"? Toyota hadn't decided to pull out of F1 at that exact point. My friend, they went to race at Abu Dhabi as a going concern.

I have to somewhat agree with Ray here
Firstly Glock got the drive because he happens to be German since Toyota were based in Germany although being Gp2 champion was a help too

At the time before Glock's crash he was talking to Renault so we are lead to believe.

Trulli had lost patience with Toyota because the team has gone backwards since he joined in his eyes..Mike Gascoyne resigned because he felt Toyota ran things like a corporation not a racing team

Even before Glock's crash there rumours within the Toyota camp that they considered Glock a "journeyman" and wanted a world class driver and they were supposedly willing to pay $50m for Kimi Raikkonen before announcing they quit

Kobayashi's performance in Abu Dhabi made people believe due to his association that he rather than Nakajima would represent the team in 2010 as a national interest

Going back to Ambrosia Virgin said they signed him because he bought £5m of sponsors..all I've heard about him are some custard jokes so lets wait and see if anyone will be eating humble pie then

I'm not getting into the Glock 'sacked' debate because its all hearsay ain't it?

As for d'ambrosio - he is part of the Renault young drivers scheme and I'm guessing thats kind of what landed him the drive at Virgin. I wonder if he'll be part of the supplying package at somepoint.

I'm not getting into the Glock 'sacked' debate because its all hearsay ain't it?

As for d'ambrosio - he is part of the Renault young drivers scheme and I'm guessing thats kind of what landed him the drive at Virgin. I wonder if he'll be part of the supplying package at somepoint.

Maybe he might replace Trulli at Lotus Renault next year? :dunno:

Checked out his stat's in lower formulae. Not as impressive as I would like for someone entering F1. He will need to perform some real magic to convince. It's very early days for him and frankly in the car he's in he's got a seriously steep learning curve and a tough environment to be learning in. Best of luck to him though.

Checked out his stat's in lower formulae. Not as impressive as I would like for someone entering F1. He will need to perform some real magic to convince. It's very early days for him and frankly in the car he's in he's got a seriously steep learning curve and a tough environment to be learning in. Best of luck to him though.

I use Kobayashi as a reference point. Kobayashi is a phenomenal driver in f1, but he was beaten heavily in GP2 by Jerome. In the asia series Jermome had some bad luck with technical problems in his vice champion year. Other wise he also would have beaten Kamui there.

Back
Top Bottom