d'Ambrosio: See the stats and make your mind up.

Does d'Ambrosio deserve a shot higher up the grid?

• Total voters
Can you please provide me with a link to prove this please? Sounds all like gossip to me - especially as we know he had a cracked vetebra and that Toyota were pulling out of F1 anyways

Can you please provide me with doctor's evidence that he had a "cracked vertebra"? Toyota hadn't decided to pull out of F1 at that exact point. My friend, they went to race at Abu Dhabi as a going concern.

This is going off topic like some drivers went off track:oops:

yep this article seems to have beached its Ferrari on the curb after trying to close the gap. Was suppose to be about d'Ambrosio - and to be fair Ray we've had the "Glock got sacked" argument elsewhere and you never gave me anything concrete to go on then other than gossip and conspiracy so shall we forget it?

d'Ambrosio: Grand Prix winner or rotton school dinner?

yep this article seems to have beached its Ferrari on the curb after trying to close the gap.

d'Ambrosio: Grand Prix winner or rotton school dinner?

Yeah life a beach

I don't want to comment on him as in that suicide capsule he races in will never tell the true story. Just hope he is not in and out of F1 based on his HRT display.

I don't normally do this but I can see a pattern forming so it needs to be said.

Ray, without proof of Glock being sacked, it's just your opinion.
Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's.

Browbeating others who have a different opinion or view to you is just going to stifle debate as people won't want to get involved.

I for one won't get involved in any of your threads as I know how it's going to end up, based on your posting history.

Bro, I haven't brow-beaten anyone. I actually refered to Rasputin as "my old freind" or "friend". You're correct: Opinions are only opinions and are not facts. I don't mean to stifle debate at all. Apologies if anyone in this thread has been offended. Cheers all. :)

D'ambrosio has done nothing to offend me and he's stayed fairly clean in what he's doing. I think he's quietly doing a good job in a poor machine. I think he's probably got more to offer than we are seeing as he's caught between a rock and a hard place at the moment. He needs to keep his nose clean as a rookie and therefore has the added pressure of not upsetting the big teams by hampering their drivers efforts, therefore I doubt we are seeing true lap times from him as he's undoubtedly living in his wing mirrors and getting out of the way half the time.

Like others it's difficult to assess his true potential until he gets into a car that can at least challenge in the midfield. But in terms of doing what he needs to do, I guess he's doing alright.

I think its too difficult to say at the moment. Even the stats aren't half the story, let alone the full story. His team mates motivation is in doubt (I will say one thing about Glock, he created one of the best sounds I have heard an F1 car make when he crashed the toyota [can't remember where it was now]) and he is driving a car that looks like a death trap.

His team mates motivation is in doubt (I will say one thing about Glock, he created one of the best sounds I have heard an F1 car make when he crashed the toyota [can't remember where it was now])

Australia and Germany 2008 come to mind.

Glock does seem utterly depressed to be at Virgin right now though. Could be good for Jerome's career however.

Virgin are the pudding. With the budget they're running to, I've got reservations about making any judgements regarding their drivers, much as Senna/Chandhok last season.

So I'll continue to base my view on Jerome on his pre-F1 career, when I considered him fast, a bit wild, inconsistent but ultimately with potential. He's also doing better than di Grassi.

There was an interview at Virgin earlier in the Canadain GP coverage, I posted it on the rookie thread what was said.

It was said that Glock was doing a tremendous job getting more out of the car than they thought, so they have to alter their strategys for him which effectively ruin his race.

That's what was said, if it's true I don't know, as that's a different matter.

Australia and Germany 2008 come to mind.

Glock does seem utterly depressed to be at Virgin right now though. Could be good for Jerome's career however.

Might have been either, it was between concrete barriers and his wheels came off, it was the noise of the floor sliding along the ground..

That was definitely Australia. The raw sound of the FOM feed was very clear, the tyres (and possibly bodywork?) screeching along the track was like a wailing baby.

Back
Top Bottom