Cycling

This is my steed... 2013 Specialized Crosstrail Sport Disc.

011.jpg

Used for commuting and the odd bit of mud on a weekend. So far I've upgraded the wheels to a carbon wheelset that was too cheap to turn down and an On-One carbon fork that had been lightly used, the fork change must have taken at least a kilo off the bike. I doubt I'll change anything else though, perhaps I'll go to a single chain ring up front seeing as I hardly use the inner and outer rings.

Come on people, post your bikes!

I got bored today so went on a ride. 17.27 kilometers, 47 minutes 31 seconds, average speed 21.72 kph. Could be a lot better, but I did most of the riding on bumpy pavement where it's hard to maintain speed.

Attachments

• bmx1.jpg
    bmx1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 243
  • bmx2.jpg
    bmx2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 244
  • bmx3.jpg
    bmx3.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 243
This is my GT Transeo 3.0, with a new saddle after I ripped the old one up having a high side. Aluminium for the most part, its my commuting bike, as it has good straight line speed. Can cope on all but the toughest trails, even then it will survive. I completely replaced the brakes recently after I burnt out the rears a few months ago and the fronts were starting to get very weak.
100_0766.JPG
And the weekender, also Alu, its a bit tough on 1in5+ gradients, as first gear sticks the deraileur into the spokes. Love the speeds I can get to on this, but its still comfy on the very long rides. Its reliable too, I've spent ten quid (bar tape) on it in three years. The stained seat is a source of constant annoyance, but thankfully no-one can see whilst my arse is on it.
100_0767.JPG

Popped out for a spin with a mate this morning:
https://www.strava.com/rides/46445291
A couple of tricky ascents as i can't get the cassette into the lowest gear (it's having a service on tuesday) leaving me with lowest 34 on the crank and 23 on the cassette. I imagined I was Steve Austin (one for the oldies) and got on with it.
8-)

Back
Top Bottom