CTA Race of the Year 2015

I seem to recall starting a poll for the driver of the day (when we used to do such things) which had two options, Germany's Nico Rosberg and Finland's Nico Rosberg. Maybe I should try and keep my sense of humour to myself.

I seem to remember it wasn't the 'driver of the day thread' it was the 'Vote Hamilton regardless' thread. And don't get me started on the 'not the driver of the day' thread >:(

As for the humour. It worked for me as well. :D

Vettel's surprise win in Malaysia scores 7.9 out of 10, the highest ever rated Vettel win on CTA and it would have been good enough for race of the year in 2013:

ctarotyStandings.PNG

Last edited:
My position has always been that results are final once I post them, even if the poll is still open (there are old polls from races years ago that its probably possible still to vote in). For the record, the score rarely changes after the first couple of days of voting either. At no point when I checked was Malaysia anything outside of 7.8 to 8.0 out of 10 (and it's still 7.9 out of 10 now with the one extra vote).

I count the votes when the next race weekend starts, at which point people's opinions scan be biased by the new events of that weekend.Since people seem to be aggrieved by this I can count the number of days until the next grand prix exactly and make the poll close before I calculate the results, but it won't make a difference to the results...

My position has always been that results are final once I post them, even if the poll is still open (there are old polls from races years ago that its probably possible still to vote in).
That sounds fair enough to me.

Presumably you also fix the number of votes at that time too?

No need to change the process if that's the one you've been using all this time.
I just wasn't aware that's how you did it.

I added a few rules to the original article to try to explain how I normally try to go about things. In particular I'd like to point this one out:
  • Users must vote in the poll for their score to count. Your vote will not be counted if you only post your score in the thread and don't submit your score in the actual poll.

I don't routinely check this but I often notice that someone has stated they are going to give the race a certain score in the thread but then don't submit it in the poll.

Last edited:
China saw a huge spread of views. I didn't think it was too bad but ultimately it was another comfortable win for Hamilton with no overtaking in the top 7 so it comes out with a measly 5 out of 10 to match Australia. If you go down to two decimal places Australia just about comes out ahead with 5.01 out of 10 compared to 5.00 out of 10 for China.

ctarotyStandings.PNG

I can reveal that Bahrain gave us a decent race with a score of 7.0 out of 10 which puts it in 2nd place behind Australia. Unlikely to stay there like the last couple of years, though.

I can't post the updated table on account of forgetting and now being on the way to the airport, which means...

I won't be able to post the poll for the Spanish Grand Prix! Can someone else do it please?

I didn't get to see the Spanish grand prix, but it sounds like I didn't miss much and it produced another dull race without many overtaking opportunities. It's ranked as the worst race so far with a score of 4.3, which is the joint 2nd worst race ranked by CTA overall.

ctarotyStandings.PNG

Posted this in the poll thread by mistake:

Monaco provided another dull race with nothing eventful whatsoever up until the end when Verstappen crashed in to Grosjean and Mercedes decided life was too easy for Hamilton so they better demote him to 3rd to keep him on his toes. In the early stages of the voting it was looking like Monaco would be voted as the worst race ever ranked by CTA, but a few votes towards the end eventually see it jump up just above Spain in this year's rankings.

ctarotyStandings.PNG

ctaroty_plot.PNG

Back
Top Bottom