CTA Race of the Year 2013

I think generally people on here aren't too blinkered in their support for a team/driver, compared to say the comments section on bbc/daily mail etc.

I think even a Hamilton win wouldn't have helped anything, if anything the race would have been more processional in order for him to win. As for the score I do think a lot of it is due to negative prejudice towards the Catalunya circuit, many of us in chat during the race had written it off before it had begun. The race itself didn't really do much to alter that prejudice though for the next event to be held there.

Yeah but a Bianchi win in a Marussia would have to be an awesome race.

Also I thought what Meph said was the entire point of the thread. I do understand why its being restated but to me its a bit like saying "I like to eat chips not shove them up ny nose".

You can vote on whatever criteria you like, it's best race of the year based on the subjective view of the CTA members. I've taken measures to reduce the effects of the more extreme views but generally I'd like to think people are voting based on their enjoyment of the races.

It's not arbitrary, it just softens the effect on the mean in cases where votes may have been heavily influenced by team/driver favouritism or factors external to the race itself. I think Bahrain got a couple of lower than expected scores due to the political situation, for example. If you don't like it you can always look at the normal mean, and it makes sod all difference to the standings at the minute.

To be honest I've been thinking about this and there are very few cases where the adjusted mean I'm doing will make any difference at all. I could change it to remove votes that are furthest from the mean, rather than removing an equal number above and below the mean, or just get rid of it altogether. I'll play with it when I'm doing the results for Spain next week.

My comment was in fact a linguistic one, rather than a statistical,jez101. I have not voted the same for every race, teabagyokel, as you would know had you checked the voracity of your opinion before posting it.
Pokey tongue out smiley (I still don't get that BB nonsense).

Back
Top Bottom