Caterham (formerly Lotus)

F1Yorkshire

Avatar for sale to the highest bidder
Contributor
So crowdcube are going to make roughly £180,000 off the back of Caterhams bid to get back into F1. Not bad for a company that is basically just 0's + 1's.

KekeTheKing

Banned
Supporter
So crowdcube are going to make roughly £180,000 off the back of Caterhams bid to get back into F1. Not bad for a company that is basically just 0's + 1's.
Apparently Crowdcube has a partnership with Smith & Williamson, the very same accounting firm employed by Caterham's Administrators. I'm sure it's just coincidental :ok:

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Really pleased for them but the jump in funding is very odd, in light of the finance crisis and big question marks over ownership etc etc. This looks like the tip of the iceberg for something else going on behind the scenes.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
It would seem that Alice's Dad has put in a great deal of money. I wonder if he will withdraw it again if she doesn't race, because she can't get a super licence.

Mephistopheles

Banned
Contributor
Okay I'm feeling generous I'll send them 1p with a note saying from all the guys and gals at Clip the Apex

Last edited:

KekeTheKing

Banned
Supporter
This whole saga is just absurd. Any car/driver combo they manage to put on the grid in Abu Dhabi is sure to be an embarrassment anyway. And now that they've Crowdcubed their entry fee for next year we get to do it all over again in 2015. I sincerely hope that somebody buys this outfit ASAP, because a Malaysian Zombie F1 Team isn't good for anybody.

KekeTheKing

Banned
Supporter
With more and more dirty laundry trickling out, it's becoming clearer every day that this Caterham fiasco is much less a Formula One problem than a Tony Fernandes/Malaysian business failure. Quite frankly this team never deserved to compete with the tried and true teams. It was a "pie in the sky" organization from day one. Tony's fanciful notion that he would be tossing Chapman's hat in the air in 2010 will remain as a laughable testimonial to the unrealistic ambitions this team entered the sport with.

Far from engendering good will with this latest charade, I think many people will be saying "good riddance".

Top Bottom