Budget caps....let's talk

depending on how much up to the $7.25m they are. it depends on how much the Budget Cap means to them going forward

FB yeah id bits about that, didnt get it at 1st because always assumed he was a employee, but being almost permantly on loan through his own company is an interesting one. would explain why he has been allowed such freedom & why he was just a consultant in those years with americas cup & aston martin Valkyrie

i wonder if this is just coincidental
Screenshot_20221018-234647_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20221018-234552_Samsung Internet.jpg

depending on how much up to the $7.25m they are. it depends on how much the Budget Cap means to them going forward

FB yeah id bits about that, didnt get it at 1st because always assumed he was a employee, but being almost permantly on loan through his own company is an interesting one. would explain why he has been allowed such freedom & why he was just a consultant in those years with americas cup & aston martin Valkyrie
Newey may not be an employee but he is still an expense on the team

from what i understand its you can take this penalty & admit guilt, have it private or if you refuse you can continue to protest against it, everything out in the open. repuation will be further damaged as the extent will be public & likely be found guilty with heavier penalty

Last edited:
I wonder if Red Bull do have a valid argument and are willing to take it further if there are any impactful penalties being discussed which is why the FIA are taking so long and potentially will enter into a plea deal.
Told you.

Last edited:
I think there is more chance of Christian Horner sitting butt naked on a racing car clutching his helmet than there is of Red Bull facing any serious punishment.

The text gets lost in a sea of adverts but this is an interesting analysis of the Red Bull situation.

There are apparently 4 factors involved and it is possible to see how Red Bull may think they aren't the naughty boys we think they are.

The text gets lost in a sea of adverts but this is an interesting analysis of the Red Bull situation.

There are apparently 4 factors involved and it is possible to see how Red Bull may think they aren't the naughty boys we think they are.

Not buying it.

There has been extensive discussion for last 2 years over how to work the cost cap so RBR had plenty of time to clarify catering sick pay and contractors status.

It's a smoke screen because what they are sti not saying is how much they spent on upgrading the car which I bet is a shed load more than any other team. QED.

It's clear based on the deliberate leaks and lack of official update that they are going to get away with it.

Once everyone has complained for the next few days, the official announcement, with no details, will be made and as far as the FIA are concerned, that will be the end of it.

The other teams will whine but accept it and move on.

The last two WDC and WCC will forever considered to be illegitimate by many.
Plus next year if RB and Verstappen win again.

They are legitimate arguments but it’s almost impossible to believe none of the other teams had the same scenarios happen over the course of the year.
But this is the team than successfully argued “any” means “some” not “all”. So maybe Red Bull’s ability to manipulate plain English interpretation is suddenly not working.
Admit fault and risk sponsorship money vs try your luck and win or risk massive damage. Hmmmm.

appartantly this is hiw it was always going to work, in the compromises to get the budget caps through

from the people in the media. ive heard 2 things, 1 is big cut in development time & the other that could well be in addition is thrown out of 2021 & 2022 constructors championship

Back
Top Bottom