Budget caps....let's talk

surely not, ive always thought Christian horner was such a lovely man who always played by the rules

(thankfully we dont be vague anymore & talk all 10 teams)

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Last edited:
Watch RBR get off with a finger wagging.

The overspend is only there because RBR wanted to extract more performance and improve results.

Thus any overspend must have had an impact on points gained.

However FIA will never take the correct action which is deduction of points from team and driver.

This whole situation couldn't stink anymore if they'd tried.

As widely predicted, the FIA waited until the Championship was confirmed before releasing this information. The Championship which was only confirmed this weekend after someone suddenly remembered that they'd thought of, but not written down, a new rule after Spa was called off, regarding how many points would be awarded in rain shortened races.

If Red Bull fess up to the FIA, they can agree a suitable "punishment" between themselves and that's the story put to bed. If Red Bull can't reach an agreeement with the FIA then the case goes before an independant panel of judges. Hmmmm, let me see. What do we think is going to happen?

There will be lots of farting noises from Horner over the next few weeks followed by an agreement between the FIA and Red Bull. We will not know what that agreement looks like (the FIA have a precedent for this. They did the same with Ferrari a while ago) and that will be that.

I suspect it will be a major penalty, something like 100 constructor points deducted in year of infringement and 75 in the following year. Can’t deny that’s a big impact, obviously it will change nothing in real terms

This whole situation couldn't stink anymore if they'd tried.

As widely predicted, the FIA waited until the Championship was confirmed before releasing this information. The Championship which was only confirmed this weekend after someone suddenly remembered that they'd thought of, but not written down, a new rule after Spa was called off, regarding how many points would be awarded in rain shortened races.

If Red Bull fess up to the FIA, they can agree a suitable "punishment" between themselves and that's the story put to bed. If Red Bull can't reach an agreeement with the FIA then the case goes before an independant panel of judges. Hmmmm, let me see. What do we think is going to happen?

There will be lots of farting noises from Horner over the next few weeks followed by an agreement between the FIA and Red Bull. We will not know what that agreement looks like (the FIA have a precedent for this. They did the same with Ferrari a while ago) and that will be that.
part of me agrees this will be Ferrari 2019 but then another says that this cost cap is huge to the new owners & the want it to be successful & only way to make it successful is to make an example of the guilty party

The FIA have stated there will be no constructor points deductions (not even entertaining the idea of driver point deductions). So I’m guessing it will be a fine/cost cap reduction, the latter only being a real penalty.
They will however have at least one constructors and two WDC having spent more than others so really it’s a cheat that has paid off.
1665424297231.png

Last edited:
The owners don't govern the rules.

The FIA will deal with this in their usual way.
i know what you mean. but it does get tricky when FIA dont own F1, liberty media own F1 & there would be no cost cap if it was FIA setting the rules. you cant tell me that liberty media spent $4-5 billion on F1. dont want or arent allowed say in this. when someone breaks 1 of their central rules

on another point i think FIA will be disappointed Red bull didnt win the constructors championship. because that wouldve been an easy severe punishment that doesnt affect the abu dhabi saga

I’ve just read back on a few things. I’ve changed my mind. Ferrari and Mercedes can’t side with RBR then pull this crap. Suck it up buttercups.

The FIA said no "full formal investigations" were launched into the breaches due to it being the first year of the cost cap.

in other words we don't want to dig into it and find its a Premeditated overspend cause then we would have to take some REAL action......

Looks like they can deduct points for last year.

SANCTIONS FOR BREACH Sanctions
9.1 The following sanctions may be imposed for breach of these Financial Regulations as set out in Article 8:
(a) A "Financial Penalty", meaning a fine in an amount to be determined on a case by case basis.
(b) A "Minor Sporting Penalty", meaning one or more of the following:
(i) public reprimand;
(ii) deduction of Constructors' Championship points awarded for the Championship that took place within the Reporting Period of the breach;
(iii) deduction of Drivers' Championship points awarded for the Championship that took place within the Reporting Period of the breach;
(iv) suspension from one or more stages of a Competition or Competitions, excluding for the avoidance of doubt the race itself;
(v) limitations on ability to conduct aerodynamic or other Testing; and/or
(vi) reduction of the Cost Cap,

yeah i was reading that from alex jaques. although i find it ridiclous they said their guilty but havent got the punishment straight away.
  • it wont be a reprimand because you might as well ditch the cost cap now.
  • i cant see it being reduction of the cost cap as that would like mean redunancies that even worse that ordinary people would suffer because of Horner ruthless attitude
  • that leaves constructors, drivers, potentially exclusion from abu dhabi, restrictions on windtunnel testing
  • i think they will go for the latter & stop them being able to develop the car for 2023. but as i was saying if Red bull had won the 2021 constructors championship. that would be the way they would go i would assume. because if we are being generous yes he benefited but its not the drivers fault they went over the cost cap it is the teams fault. so the team should pay the price

temp 1.png

Back
Top Bottom