Budget caps....let's talk

Despite Horner's attitude at mainly Sky interviews, there are others but Sky does seem to dominate, he is the team principal, an employee, whatever he says is either RB policy or if it's his own words certainly endorsed by RB, overspending on the budget limits may not even be in his control or even knowledge. He is really in effect the teams mouthpiece, whether or not he has any input to to how the teams PR is presented is moot, either way he comes across poorly and if he has no input it would seem he has sold his soul for the mighty dollar an has very little self respect, in other words he's a very high profile troll.

Proportionality and intent has gone out of the window.

A technical infringement on LH rear wing of .22mm gets him sent to the back of the Grid in Brazil despite it being due to a breakage not a setting chosen by the team.

Yet here where the RB team has chosen to spend more than the maximum you can bet your life there will be no impact to points scored by max.

Yet the breakage was if anything a detriment to LH whereas the overspend is precisely because RBR were trying to gain a technical advantage.

Seems like cheats prosper....and yes I am still bitter that when Max ran Lewis off the road in Brazil no action was taken.

Rapidly falling out of love with F1. Max is a phenomenal talent but he's now got cheating allegations over both his "championships"

The sheer arrogance of this team is beyond belief. They are taking the piss out of the FIA and all the fans by not accepting fault and either pre-empting or knowingly sharing any level of punishment. If I were the FIA I’d come down harder on them for this.
This is why I f()cking hate Red Bull they seem to revel in rubbing everyone the wrong way because they seem to think they are untouchable even the cost cap breach...there is no chance of them dqed or annulled

whatever happens when the punishment comes out its going to upset all of the people on that grid. as all teams have mentioned how any breach in the early years would be taken, personally because they made alot of redundancies to ensure they were in the budget cap especially the likes of Mercedes & Ferrari as in 2020 the top 3 spent a combined $1 billion & they had to get it down to $435 million

of course alot of teams will be emotional as they are thinking its laughing at the people they had to sack

Are we surprised?

Are we ****.

If you are a friend of the FIA in any given season you may as well not have a rule book.

That‘ll certainly help keep their spending down.

Does the fine count towads their 2022 budget spend?

what an absolute ****ing joke if it is ?

It shows you can bribe the FIA for leniency again. Basically all other teams can spend over 5% and get caught but as long as they pay back with interest things will be swept under the carpet... I guess that is what you call bribery or corruption

FIA always manage to surprise, but they are growing Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Williams & Lewis Hamilton. i dont see how FIA can be Favourable. as at the moment they either upset 1 team or half the grid

toto wolff might be an idle threat but also completely understandable saying, if red bull are punished by just a fine. the budget cap is finished, because he says ill just pay the fine & have far better car

I wonder if Red Bull do have a valid argument and are willing to take it further if there are any impactful penalties being discussed which is why the FIA are taking so long and potentially will enter into a plea deal.

Some more details starting to drip out, it's like "Partygate" but without a buffoon at the centre - Does Red Bull’s cost cap breach hinge on Adrian Newey’s salary?

So is Adrian Newey a Red Bull employee or isn't he? Red Bull say yes (which means his salary is exempted), the FIA say no (which means he's included).

On the free lunch defence, I found an image of the Red Bull canteen

1666108219023.png

Back
Top Bottom