Bruno Senna

Congratulations to young Bruno Senna for a fantastic qualifying session today.

I'm sure his uncle would be very proud knowing he's starting the Belgian Grand Prix - his first race of the year - from 7th on the Grid.

Spa-Francorchamps is a special circuit. A real challenge and known as a "driver's circuit" which "separates the men from the boys".

Add to that the tricky, greasy conditions you had today and Bruno's consistency in ALL 3 sessions at this circuit means there's some talent there.

The Renault is by no means a Top 4 car...so to be 7th on the grid ahead of the likes of World Champions Alonso and Button (both of whom have superior Ferraris and McLarens) and his somewhat highly rated teammate Petrov, is a very good achievement.

Good luck in the race tomorrow Bruno!

C'mon Boy...Make Brazil Proud of it's Formula One drivers again! :cheer:

Bruno has a drive In WEC wit Aston Martin. Well done Bruno!!
jake Humphries reckons he's one of the nicest guys he knows. :thumbsup: agree Jake, what I've seen of him he's a sweetie, one of the nice guys. I'll miss him in f1 . Glad he's got something

He had his chance, as have many others, to prove himself and he failed. Ditto Petrov, Glock, Kovaleinen and a whole host of others. Ta, ta, please don't make an effort to come back as you weren't good enough even with a huge cheque book. Time for some new blood which, I for one, am very pleased about.

I don't think we should knock him for having a go at something and failing to succeed. I'm happy to see a seat open up for someone else to have a go but I don't see what Bruno has done to cause anyone to dislike him or rejoice his failure. Oh well, good luck to Bruno. I hope you find success in your next challenge.

He failed to deliver, that's what I am commenting on. If he had got his first drive based on talent then he failed to prove that he had more than Karun Chandhok. If he got his second drive based on talent he failed to prove that he had more than Vitaly Petrov. If he got his third drive based on talent he failed to prove that he had more than Pastor Maldonado.
I wish him all the best, but it's time for someone better or with the funds to secure a seat in lieu of talent.

Before it gets all PC here I'm not rejoicing in anyones failure and I wish the gentlemen no ill will in question but if his failure wasn't obvious at the end of year one it certainly was after his spell at Enstone. Last year, IMO, he was filling a very competitive seat that if filled by another driver would have lead to some much more exciting racing. I rejoice(infact conga) at the fact he won't be doing that again. You may have noticed my ire has now turned to others(but I won't start that whol business up again).

On top of which he was sponsored by Gillete and as I've been avoiding donating to all his sponsors for the last few years I have a knee length beard I can finally shave off!

I like Bruno but like they say when you get given an opportunity then you had bloody well make the most of it, and if that was the best he had then it just wasn't good enough.

His lack of success should not reflect badly on other pay for a seat drivers as they have been and always will be a necessity part of F1.

Also I would like to think that he himself realized this and it was his decision not to chase a drive in F1 and so good luck to you in the endurance formula Bruno I wish you success....:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom