Bruno Senna

Congratulations to young Bruno Senna for a fantastic qualifying session today.

I'm sure his uncle would be very proud knowing he's starting the Belgian Grand Prix - his first race of the year - from 7th on the Grid.

Spa-Francorchamps is a special circuit. A real challenge and known as a "driver's circuit" which "separates the men from the boys".

Add to that the tricky, greasy conditions you had today and Bruno's consistency in ALL 3 sessions at this circuit means there's some talent there.

The Renault is by no means a Top 4 car...so to be 7th on the grid ahead of the likes of World Champions Alonso and Button (both of whom have superior Ferraris and McLarens) and his somewhat highly rated teammate Petrov, is a very good achievement.

Good luck in the race tomorrow Bruno!

C'mon Boy...Make Brazil Proud of it's Formula One drivers again! :cheer:

But that was only because there was no Formula 1 World Championship before then. He was already an experienced driver in that type of car.

teabagyokel

Bruno's 1 lap form is concerning no doubt ...it does seem it takes him a while to get up to speed

I suppose his uncle name will prolong his career a bit more as long as he gets sponsors which he will get plenty from Brazil so don;t be surprised if is in the Caterham next season which would make it 4 teams in 4 seasons not what you want if you want a long F1 career

So Senna is finally, officially off the team! :thumbsup:

I think it says volumes about his talent, or lack thereof, when the reported $14 million dollars he brought to the team wasn't enough to keep his seat.

Both Petrov and Bruno only got their place in F1 due to money, Petrov has shown flashes of form since but would losing either of them be much of a loss. Kovalainen has always got his drives on merit and Kobayashi's proven himself in my eyes so it would be a loss to see either of them go.

The good thing about a budget cap would be not seeing talented driver's having their careers F'd up thanks to pay drivers.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104712

Today Bruno Senna took a look at his bank balance, his sponsors bank balance and the state of the F1 economy and gave a hearty laugh. Just after that he made the statement in the article above that he's still confident he'll be on the grid in 2013 with either Caterham or Force India - although he has tested a DTM car just in case the funds don't clear or something.

He then refers to 2012 as his first proper year in F1. We all must have dreamt the 26 races before that then.

Reports that should he not land the Caterham or Force India driver he is going to join forces with Nelson Piquet Jr to buy out HRT and form Nepotism Racing with himself and Nelsinho as joint number 1's (frankly I think they're both a bit number 2) can not be confirmed.

He then refers to 2012 as his first proper year in F1. We all must have dreamt the 26 races before that then.

Presumably the excellent qualifying in Spa in 2011 and his inaugral points at Monza in 2011 should be remembered while his getting outqualified by Sakon Yamamoto in Korea three times should be forgotten.

Presumably the excellent qualifying in Spa in 2011 and his inaugral points at Monza in 2011 should be remembered while his getting outqualified by Sakon Yamamoto in Korea three times should be forgotten.
The guy in my avatar also had an excellent qualifying in that Spa race, ended on the first corner because a certain Brazilian driver ran into him... one had a 2012 drive and the other didn't.

Sorry Bruno, you look like a nice guy but you are not good enough.

Back
Top Bottom