BBC to axe F1 from 2013? Confirmed - F1 will be on Sky from 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about the other countries who take the BBC feed? Can see that leaving them out in the cold a bit, unless they get the 5 Live commentary instead.

That's an interesting point.

Wonder how they are going to get around that one?

Does the BBC 'sell' its coverage to the other countries that take the feed? Surely selling it to the 30+ countries we're told about could more than make up for the Berninhell fee?

Yes, SPEED is a part of most digital packages.

My friends your side of the pond are constantly bemoaning it.

...Yes, I could upgrade my Virgin Media package to include Sky Sports but I can barely afford the package I've got. The only way I could do perhaps keep the cost down would be to switch to Sky.
Virgin Media, take note!
I've got Virgin Media TV with Sky Sports 1 as a £14.50/month add-on, and could upgrade to all 4 SS channels for another £8. But according to my investigations switching to Sky would be more expensive, not less.

Look at it this way, at least the BBC can concentrate on quality content now, such as X ****wits, Strictly Crap Dancing, Eastenders >:(, Doctor WTF.

And just think of all the extra period dramas they can produce!

Woo ****ing hoo!

(It's a good job my daughter's sleeping and not reading all these expletives!)

Please don't try and avoid the swear filter ;)

On another serious note, please note that links to torrent/warez/illegal stream sites are not permitted on CTA - Thank you.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29072011/66/adverts-during-races-sky.html

Aplologies if most of this has been confirmed previously:
  • No adverts during race
  • No pay-per-race scheme
  • Pre and Post-race analysis available to all Sky subscribers, not just Sky sports subscribers.
  • Everything available online and via mobile/tablet
It does sound like they're going to treat it properly at least. The issue is fans being priced out of watching the sport but Sky sports hasn't done football any harm (in terms of support at least). I think a key point in this is whether there are enough F1 fans to get the races shown regularly in pubs. There aren't so many football matches on Sundays, and many of those are 4pm kick offs, so I think there's a decent chance at least.

I've got Virgin Media TV with Sky Sports 1 as a £14.50/month add-on, and could upgrade to all 4 SS channels for another £8. But according to my investigations switching to Sky would be more expensive, not less.
It doesn't sound like much does it? Thing is you can't take this in isolation. I'm maxed out now and we're about to be hit with price hikes for gas and electric and facing a pay freeze next year. I'm already having to consider reducing expenditure on luxuries without all the rest of it kicking in.

... and, as I've said before, I am by no means badly off income wise, it just all goes out already!

Yeah that's true, no doubt qualifying will get shunted off on a Saturday. Red button anyone? Sky sports 1 main football, red button F1 for any clashes?

It doesn't sound like much does it? Thing is you can't take this in isolation. I'm maxed out now and we're about to be hit with price hikes for gas and electric and facing a pay freeze next year. I'm already having to consider reducing expenditure on luxuries without all the rest of it kicking in.

... and, as I've said before, I am by no means badly off income wise, it just all goes out already!

Meh...

We get scrounged off by everyone...espcially these days eh? :(

I think the premier league game should get punted out...

There only are so many F1 races and cricket matches....Football has too much coverage as it is.

Plus cricket matches are very rare, they are usually on from May-July, by that time football season is over

...Maybe i would consider getting Virgin.

I'd rather castrate myself than pay for couch potato benefit fraud TV :embarrassed: Sky, on principle. Murdoch features pretty highly on my avoid at all costs list right now. He honestly makes me think of Tomorrow Never Dies. Its like he's the real life Elliot Carver.

I've never subscribed to Sky on principle - given recent news stories I felt I had done right - and I'm going to have to think very hard before deciding what I'm going to do for next year.

It's doubly irritating because whatever money the BBC are now spending on F1, it's bound to be poorer value for money than it was before, it seems to me. They may as well have dropped it altogether. It sounds like they may well lose Brundle, as well as who knows how many other key staff.

I think the premier league game should get punted out...

There only are so many F1 races and cricket matches....Football has too much coverage as it is.

Plus cricket matches are very rare, they are usually on from May-July, by that time football season is over
I thought this football season has been running since about 1996:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom