Autocourse Top Ten

...car weights? We saw the biggest gap in starting weight and ending weight/quali weight for many years...
certainly at the start of the year 'i think' we saw a RBR that was built to drive light, where the McL was maybe biased toward heavy starting weight..

I suspect the engine overrun for the EBD may have the major factor with the difference in fuel consumption a close second.

Hopefully after another major rule change someone "in the know" will spill the beans on what exactly was going on this season.

Kubica
Hamilton
Alonso
(The above three are interchangeable to be honest)
Vettel
Kobayashi
Rosberg
Button
Webber
Barrichello
Sutil

I'd like to give Kovalainen a mention who has rebuilt his reputation somewhat. Some very good drives in a car that was never going to get near the points on a normal day and consistently quicker than his teammate (although I've never rated truly).

Brogan,

I have never agreed that qualifying speed vs race results is a valid measure. Too many things can effect a cars qualifying pace. It is quite possible that the RBRs got their tyres up to temp quicker than anyone else, and therefore had an advantage in qualifying. This trait would have worked agaisnt them in the races, however, as the tyres may become too hot.

A more valid (to me) yardstick is race fastest laps vs results. From the F1 site you will find:

Hamilton: 5 fastest laps
Alonso: 5
Webber:3
Vettel: 3
Button: 1
Petrov: 1
Kubica: 1.

Using this information, it would appear that Vettel did the best job.

I disagree on using fastest lap.

A lot of the time the Red Bulls were cruising to the finish line so had no need to push.

And the Autocourse Top 10 is:

1. Sebastein Vettel
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Fernando Alonso
4. Mark Webber
5. Robert Kubica
6. Jenson Button
7. Nico Rosberg
8. Rubens Barrichello
9. Felipe Massa
10. Michael Schumacher

Make of that what you will...