Ask The Apex

Couldn't agree more Muddy. What better test for a drivers skill than having to drive a car on cold, soft tyres and nurse it until it's up to speed.

Has any driver won the Championship without leading until the end of the last race a la Vettel today?

I don't think so.
I thought maybe 1958 or 1982 might have done as Mike Hawthorn and Keke Rosberg only won a single race each but they both led the table at some point.

Adrian Newey has now won the constructirs title with 3 teams, has any other designer done this? I (think) know Gordon Murray and John Barnard managed it with 2 teams, any others? Does Ross Brawn count as a designer? Not sure was was fully responsible for the Benetton or Ferrari cars (wasn't it Rory Byrne?)

Brawn has achieved similarly stunning feats in a management role, but as far as I'm aware, no other designer/technical officer has achieved three WCC with three different teams.

Two of the very best brains in F1 for sure...

Imagine a Newey designed car in a team run by Brawn with Mercedes engines....Just need to pick the perfect driver combination and you will have an unstoppable team.

F1Yorkshire said:
Imagine a Newey designed car in a team run by Brawn with Mercedes engines....Just need to pick the perfect driver combination and you will have an unstoppable team.

It sounds like a clash of 4 egos...

McLaren almost had the ultimate team in 2007 and look what happened...

Some say that if, accidentally, Alonso and Hamilton were to make physical contact, or brush each others overalls in the pitlane/press conference, the resulting explosion would make the Hiroshima bomb look like a kiddy firework and wipe out the entire F1 fraternity. :dunno:

ATL11 said:
Galahad said:
ATL11 said:
I have a question for the Apex.

Now what do we do? :dunno:

Ah, come now. It's Macau this weekend. Come back next Monday... :D

What's it on EuroSport?

I assumed it would be but the listings are only showing the WTCC and not the F3! Grr.

Hopefully the listings are wrong...for Eurosport they usually are...

Ive got one, how come Button has the number 3 and Hamilton the number 4 though Hamilton beat Button in the championship? The same for Schumacher and Rosberg with 7 and 8

McLarenSupremo said:
Ive got one, how come Button has the number 3 and Hamilton the number 4 though Hamilton beat Button in the championship? The same for Schumacher and Rosberg with 7 and 8

I think its down to team choice for which of their drivers has the higher number. Schumacher this year wanted the number 3 as he felt even numbers were unlucky or something like that.

I think I read somewhere that no car with the number 4 on has ever won the world championship. Is this true?

Back
Top Bottom