Andretti F1

Il_leone

World Champion
It seems like they've pi$$Ed off a lot of people along the way.

I hope they get in and are seriously committed we've seen what happens when manufacturers are no longer interested

F1Brits_90

Champion Elect
i hope this is false. but it wouldnt surprise me. if the media stories are to be believed. it is absolutely disgraceful behaviour from the 10 teams. as from the article they are trying to justify it, from other sporting leagues. but we all know they trying to make sure nobody else comes in

Bernie did do alot of things wrong but Liberty or FIA need to put there foot down & ask whoses running this sport. & if you dont like it, theres the door

Last edited:

The Pits

Harumph. Again.
Valued Member
non news - Due to the unique way the sport is run and financed, the turkeys have decided that since they have been handed power, that Christmas is cancelled henceforth.

Of course they are against the prize pot being made smaller, unless they do what they did from 2010 and only paid out for the top 10 teams, in which case no worries. Unless they are concerned they will get beaten?

Last edited:

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
non news - Due to the unique way the sport is run and financed, the turkeys have decided that since they have been handed power, that Christmas is cancelled henceforth.

Of course they are against the prize pot being made smaller, unless they do what they did from 2010 and only paid out for the top 10 teams, in which case no worries. Unless they are concerned they will get beaten?
This is also potentially very short-sighted. If they think of the prize-pot as being a fixed and limited resource, then the protectionism is logical, but with the arrival of new entrants (particularly one with the Andretti name), this is likely to increase interest in F1 - particularly from the US (and other markets that watch Indycar/Nascar).

Personally, I don't think there should be any prize money for F1... the franchise money should be equally split between entrants (contingent on them qualifying for the race). The spoils of winning are more the marketing and sponsorship that comes from winning.

F1Brits_90

Champion Elect
i enjoying the mud slinging as the F1 teams have likely dragged up the obviously not acceptable sexist comments on the other the thread so the FIA president has fired back with this. & joked if there so worried about money dilution shall we kick out 5 teams

Horner explained this to Racer, saying it “ultimately boils down to, ‘Well, who’s going to pay for it? And you can assume that the teams, if they’re perceived to be the ones who are paying for it – or diluting their payments to accommodate it — of course it’s not going to sit that well.”
-------------------------------------
FIA president
“They might say, ‘oh it’s taking our piece of the cake

“Yes, to them – but what do you want? Maybe i kick out five teams, and then you have more money? You can take it both ways.”

Last edited:

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Premium Contributor
That is hilarious! Maybe there should be a rule that if you finish last in the championship you have to give up your spot on the grid LOL
F1 once had a thing almost as bad as that. It was called "Pre-qualifying"

Travel half way around the world and find that your Weekend was over by Friday tea time.

LOL

It appears that Michael Andretti, son of racing legend Mario Andretti, has applied to enter a team in the Formula One (F1) championship in 2024. However, the governing body of F1, the FIA, is not in a position to consider new teams at this time. This could be due to various reasons, including a full grid and limited resources to evaluate and approve new teams. It will be interesting to see how this situation develops in the future.

Top Bottom