Andretti F1

It seems like they've pi$$Ed off a lot of people along the way.

I hope they get in and are seriously committed we've seen what happens when manufacturers are no longer interested

i hope this is false. but it wouldnt surprise me. if the media stories are to be believed. it is absolutely disgraceful behaviour from the 10 teams. as from the article they are trying to justify it, from other sporting leagues. but we all know they trying to make sure nobody else comes in

Bernie did do alot of things wrong but Liberty or FIA need to put there foot down & ask whoses running this sport. & if you dont like it, theres the door

Last edited:
non news - Due to the unique way the sport is run and financed, the turkeys have decided that since they have been handed power, that Christmas is cancelled henceforth.

Of course they are against the prize pot being made smaller, unless they do what they did from 2010 and only paid out for the top 10 teams, in which case no worries. Unless they are concerned they will get beaten?

Last edited:
non news - Due to the unique way the sport is run and financed, the turkeys have decided that since they have been handed power, that Christmas is cancelled henceforth.

Of course they are against the prize pot being made smaller, unless they do what they did from 2010 and only paid out for the top 10 teams, in which case no worries. Unless they are concerned they will get beaten?
This is also potentially very short-sighted. If they think of the prize-pot as being a fixed and limited resource, then the protectionism is logical, but with the arrival of new entrants (particularly one with the Andretti name), this is likely to increase interest in F1 - particularly from the US (and other markets that watch Indycar/Nascar).

Personally, I don't think there should be any prize money for F1... the franchise money should be equally split between entrants (contingent on them qualifying for the race). The spoils of winning are more the marketing and sponsorship that comes from winning.

i enjoying the mud slinging as the F1 teams have likely dragged up the obviously not acceptable sexist comments on the other the thread so the FIA president has fired back with this. & joked if there so worried about money dilution shall we kick out 5 teams

Horner explained this to Racer, saying it “ultimately boils down to, ‘Well, who’s going to pay for it? And you can assume that the teams, if they’re perceived to be the ones who are paying for it – or diluting their payments to accommodate it — of course it’s not going to sit that well.”
-------------------------------------
FIA president
“They might say, ‘oh it’s taking our piece of the cake

“Yes, to them – but what do you want? Maybe i kick out five teams, and then you have more money? You can take it both ways.”

Last edited:
It appears that Michael Andretti, son of racing legend Mario Andretti, has applied to enter a team in the Formula One (F1) championship in 2024. However, the governing body of F1, the FIA, is not in a position to consider new teams at this time. This could be due to various reasons, including a full grid and limited resources to evaluate and approve new teams. It will be interesting to see how this situation develops in the future.

GM Motorsports expects to know in about 10 days if its bid is accepted to join Formula One with Andretti Global via the Cadillac brand. Dr. Eric Warren, the executive director of competition for GM Motorsports, has led the F1 effort for the automaker and recently told NBC Sports that a decision was anticipated by July 15.

seems we getting not 1 but 2 teams, with Andretti & Hitech both given the green light, im all for more teams is great because it will give more drivers chances

seems we getting not 1 but 2 teams, with Andretti & Hitech both given the green light, im all for more teams is great because it will give more drivers chances

Big article. How long have the FIA and F1 been at odds with each other? The article says quite a lot about it. What are they not in favour of?

Big article. How long have the FIA and F1 been at odds with each other? The article says quite a lot about it. What are they not in favour of?
its typical F1 currently in my opinion. FIA & Me want more teams because more cars & more competition can only be a good for fans & more opportunities for drivers to prove themselves from F2 & other formulas

F1 teams dont want any new teams for selfish reasons, because oddly despite being in sport they dont like the competition & because at 20 cars. if they dont like something for selfish reasons they can threaten to leave & people in charge have to back down because we cant afford to lose any more cars & you go to 24 & 26. they cant do that any more

Back
Top Bottom