Alonso's next team mate SPECULATIONOMETER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that be typical of Massa? Only ever pulls his finger out at new contract time or possibly get your own back time. Surprised he has lasted so long!

In fairness to Massa, I think he's been outdriven by Alonso, because the team has told him he has to be number two ( No disrespect to Fernando), but if he's not staying, then he won't care what the team says to him. (IMO of course)

It's a case of chicken and egg. If Massa had consistently shown any competitive spirit he wouldn't be in the position he is now.

Apparently Jean Alesi has translated Alonso saying in Italian over the radio in Italian. and I quote.

"You're stupid. You are all Stupid. You've ruiened my qualifying"

Maybe we'll see Kimi and Hulkenberg at Ferrari next year!

Perhaps so (albeit for 30 seconds), but one has upped his game and the other not except at 'certain' times.

Sorry to be pedantic, but Felipe was never WDC, he was in a position where he could have won it, but he did not, he has been closer than Alonso to winning since 2006.

I think that following on from Di Montezemolo's comments earlier today, Alonso could end up teamed with Chilton, but not at Ferrari!!

Eddie Jordan stirring up the mischief that Alonso might think about a sabbatical... I see Alain Prost mk 2 coming

As for Kimi I think today made his mind up really Lotus cannot sustain a championship challenge and he needs to go so if Ferrari with Allinson onboard is good enough for him .. he won;t believe his luck if Alonso is starting to throw toys out of the pram

see Alain Prost mk 2 coming
THE ALAIN PROST CHECKLIST FOR FORMULA ONE CAREER PLANNING
  • Impress everyone with speed at Renault. Check.
  • Win two consecutive World Titles in years ending with 5 and 6. Check.
  • Leave McLaren after fallout with Dennis and yellow-helmeted team-mate. Check.
  • Join Ferrari and demolish fan favourite team-mate. Check.
  • Fall out with Ferrari. Check.
  • Sabbatical.
  • Glorious return & final Championship.
  • Retire.
  • Run F1 team.

He's getting there...

Mephistopheles

No driver who desires to be the best can accept using inferior car against superior equipment and losing all the time

If you think back to the bad calls in Malaysia and Bahrain which really hurt Alonso 's challenge now its a sign of the pressure possibly the team is under

Senna spent 3 years at Mclaren fighting superior Willams and it became too much for him

Schumacher was lucky he did not have constant fight against superior equipment

Schumacher was lucky he did not have constant fight against superior equipment

1996-c.2000 was a fight against superior equipment for Schumacher...

I suppose he had incremental improvements in that time though, rather than Alonso who is no better off than he was in 2010.

So why didn't he just get on with his own qualifying instead of all this pissing about? it was obvious it was never going to work, he's got a voice he could have said "no" to the towing crap he should have included himself in that "Stupid." radio call...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom