Alonso's next team mate SPECULATIONOMETER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Hulkenberg might cause trouble at Ferrari, di Resta too. They seem a bit too sure of themselves to be a willing number two driver. A journeyman like Massa, or a very young driver like Bianchi would be a better option.

I think Hulkenberg might cause trouble at Ferrari, di Resta too. They seem a bit too sure of themselves to be a willing number two driver. A journeyman like Massa, or a very young driver like Bianchi would be a better option.

I agree. I also think that Ferrari should be grooming a young driver to take over the F1 reins rather than continually going outside the squad to procure drivers. That way, by the time said young driver ascended to the F1 seat, he would be thoroughly familiar with the team and how it works and vice-versa.

RasputinLives

Would James Allinson be suffice since Alonso worked with him at Renault previously and Kimi at Lotus so I don't see a problem there

Its more Luca willing to admit he made a mistake in sacking Kimi and now wants Kimi to put in the hard graft... something Kimi thought he was but the car was not good enough in 2009

Di Resta - he reminds me of Webber who kept crying out that he deserves a drive in the top team back in his Jaguar days and made the wrong move to Williams. I trust Paul will learn very quickly you don;t openly criticise at Ferrari if you want a long career

Bianchi - I wonder if Luca will use the same excuse that made him not pick Perez about not being ready for Ferrari

Hulkenberg - he's got Schumacher's ex manager Willi Weber so I am not sure if can make the right contacts at Ferrari to push for him. I guess really Weber will have to drop some hint that he has 3 or 4 offers on the table to make it work or make it that he is a free agent and money is not an issue for now

Button - I agree only if Kimi goes Mclaren then his management will push him to Ferrari seeing there has been previous contact and as a world champion that may help

One more thing whoever gets the hotseat has to look at the prospect either
a) Their teammate will be Vettel or Alonso for 2015

b) Get shoved aside possibly to make way for Vettel if they don;t perform so maybe the poison chalice should go to Massa then and dump him

BUT would Ferrari want 2 new drivers for 2015 potentially?

RasputinLives
Button - I agree only if Kimi goes Mclaren then his management will push him to Ferrari seeing there has been previous contact and as a world champion that may help
Button's management is "his" management, literally, as he owns his own management company, Button takes a percentage of his own salary for himself...:D

Last edited:
I don't understand why Hulkenberg or di Resta would cause trouble and wouldn't be a good number 2. Why does Ferrari even need a number two. Why have the Vettel/Webber relationship when you could have Hamilton/Rosberg?

I think I need to change my name... Raikkonen and Ferrari? I'm not that optimistic :disappointed: Smart money would be on Massa retaining the seat; in what universe that money could be called 'smart' is another thing to ponder.

Raikkonen looks like ending his career as a guy who deserved to win multiple championships but, conversely, didn't deserve to win the one he actually won.

The other thread closed before I had the opportunity to say so, but congratulations to Daniel. From the perspective of entertainment, I hope he is faster than forums seem to think (me included).

ALonso now says he wants to finish his career with Ferrari and not move to Red Bull if the opportunity arises

- I wonder if Luca will offer him an olive branch next year and state that the team is equal status with his teammate eventually taking over the mantle of No 1

Like Luca told Schumacher in 2005 about Raikkonen being his teammate 2007-- Schumacher retired to save his reputation
- I wonder if Alonso will do the same then next year

I should add Di Resta has italian heritage in his family so picking him may make Ferrari feel he is pretty much Italian in all but by birth anyway like Jean Alesi who Murray Walker loved to quote the French Sicilian

Rumours in the paddock that Kimi has signed for Ferrari this morning.

Although Brundle say he spoke to Robertson over lunch and he said Kimi's priority was to re-sign for Enstone.

Meanwhile Hulkenberg puts himself in the headlines and Massa shows a little bit of an "eff you buddy" attitude to Alonso where the slipstream stuff is involved. Maybe its a sign he knows he's going.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom