Grand Prix 2024 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

in this unexpectedly brilliant F1 season, as we started expecting even more dominance. & we've ended up with the most different winners since 2008 & This is the 1st time 4 different constructors have taken at least 3 wins each since 1977, This weekend, we're off to Baku, a city that is 28m below sea level, which makes it the lowest lying national capital in the world & also the largest city in the world below sea level.

dubbed the 'Monaco of the modern age,' where we'll average 134mph per lap. It's a circuit of two halves, demanding a car that excels on high-speed straights & navigates the tight & twisty corners of the old town section

I'll admit, this race has surprised me in two ways: firstly, I thought Singapore was next, as it has traditionally followed Monza, and secondly, for some reason, I assumed it was a sprint race, but no it's actually just a normal weekend. LOL For the first time since Monza 2012, when Jerome D'Ambrosio replaced Romain Grosjean, we have a suspended driver. Kevin Magnussen has reached the 12-point limit on his super license, resulting in Oliver Bearman participating in his second Grand Prix, following his debut in Saudi Arabia.

Baku doesn't appear to have a fixed spot on the calendar, as it has occupied 3 different slots in just the 8th iteration of the race. The first 2 races took place in June, then from 2018 to 2023, the event was moved to April, and this season, it has been shifted to mid-September. its a race that rarely has a middle ground its either high drama or quite dull. i read a stat that there is a 86% chance of a safety car as we have had a virtual or full safety car in every year outside of the inaugural race in 2016.

Some surprising statistics about the Singapore circuit include that only two teams, Mercedes and Red Bull, have won there in its history. Considering his performance over the last 15 months, Sergio Perez is the only driver on that grid to have won in Baku multiple times. :shocked: yeah i know

baku.webp

On race day it will be 504 days since Perez won a race. Considering the car at his disposal I would say he’s been performing at his base level.

It seems Verstappen has got a higher downforce sacrificing the top speed

Mclaren found something

Mercedes still ? looks like Hamilton was doing race trim and Russell one lap

why did Lando not carry on, you finish the lap regardless. just in case you make it through. as he had to find a tenth & track evolution he wouldve found that

why did Lando not carry on, you finish the lap regardless. just in case you make it through. as he had to find a tenth & track evolution he wouldve found that
It was the ludicrous yellow flags… Ocon had hit the wall about two minutes earlier, and rather than leaving the car in a safe place, drove all the way back to the pits.

The fact that the yellow flags weren’t thrown out for Piastri, Verstappen, and others, but suddenly, they threw it out for Norris.

outstanding from Colopinto & Bearman beating their highly respect teammates so far. James Vowles will be getting a nosebleed williams being that high up

& unconfirmed reports. logan Saragent has put his foot through his tv

Back
Top Bottom