Grand Prix 2023 Saudi Arabia GP 2023 Practice, Qualifying & Race discussion

Jeddah_Street_Circuit_2021.svg.png

Track layout: Source - Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Wikipedia

this always a fasinating circuit, as i love how high risk it is. if you make a mistake your in the wall as there no time to rescue it. i always remember that 2021 pole lap that never was from verstappen it was incredible & then the drama of him hitting the wall on the final corner

this always a fasinating circuit, as i love how high risk it is. if you make a mistake your in the wall as there no time to rescue it. i always remember that 2021 pole lap that never was from verstappen it was incredible & then the drama of him hitting the wall on the final corner
Yes the circuit is too dangerous according to Verstappen

At least we'll get some entertainment as he comes through third behind Max and Carlos
Until Ferrari strategists call him into the pits on the penultimate lap of the race and attempt to fit four bags of pasta instead of tyres due to a data error in their strategy AI "Big Brawn"

I'm really conflicted about watching this race. Apparently the Saudi regime has executed 13 people in the last two weeks and are emboldened by the on-going sports washing that things like this F1 race creates for them.

I know F1 doesn't have a very good record on choosing the right countries to go to with regard to human rights issues, but Saudia Arabia seem to be really pushing the envelope.

I'm really conflicted about watching this race. Apparently the Saudi regime has executed 13 people in the last two weeks and are emboldened by the on-going sports washing that things like this F1 race creates for them.

I know F1 doesn't have a very good record on choosing the right countries to go to with regard to human rights issues, but Saudia Arabia seem to be really pushing the envelope.

The FIA president was championing for future F1 teams to be based there.

Did you read the article quoting the head of FIFA today?

Infantino is all upset because intense pressure from various organisations has scuppered a sponsorship deal with "Visit Saudi" for the women's world cup.

He can't understand why Australia will trade with Saudi Arabia but no one wants their sports sponsorship for a world cup.

Saudi's human rights record is appalling, their treatment of women in the 21st century is medieval. However, did you know Switzerland only introduced Universal Suffrage in 1971, and one Canton had to be forced to adopt full voting rights for women in 1990. So it's not just the Middle East which is misogynist, but then we all knew that.

it is such a tough one because sporting wise i love this saudi circuit, for me the best circuit since baku. but as typical with F1 as this is a new issue for other sports as it new issue for them but F1 been doing this sport washing thing for decades, they were ahead of the curve. as we discussed so often sport & politics are always intertwined. but no with bahrain, Saudi, Qatar, or even back in 50's Germany & italy were having GP's 5 years after WW2

as hard as it is ive just got to try to focus on the sport

Did you read the article quoting the head of FIFA today?

Infantino is all upset because intense pressure from various organisations has scuppered a sponsorship deal with "Visit Saudi" for the women's world cup.

He can't understand why Australia will trade with Saudi Arabia but no one wants their sports sponsorship for a world cup.
:censored::givemestrength::facepalm:You want to promote Women Football and your sponsor from a country that treats women badly what a jerk

Back
Top Bottom