Grand Prix 2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

To add a bit more interest to "The Show", the drivers will have to contend with dodging missiles this weekend.

Still, that's better odds than avoiding a beheading, which Saudi Arabia carried out 81 of last week.

What a lovely country.

In racing news, Ferrari top the standings for the first time since, well, meh, I don't care, because it's Ferrari.

McLaren are just as shit as ever.

Mercedes don't have the best car, again.

Red Bull possibly do, again, but as I said elsewhere hahahahahahahahahahaha ... and breathe.

K Mag put on a decent display last week.
Is he going to continue this weekend or will whoever he replaced be back?

Who did he replace anyway?
I don't recognise half the names these days.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is your PQR thread for the GP which is to be held in the murdering, terrorist supporting, despotic regime known as Saudi Arabia.

Enjoy.

Yeah man. I ain't been around to claim it recently. When Lewis does retire without going to Ferrari just donate the winnings to the MS Society dude.

I think he'll be gone by end of the year! Should have not come back this season.
Then lets take an early punt who would replace him at Mercedes next year then?

Anyone else disappointed in the stewarding so far this season? In the first race a number of cars were clearly outside of the white line in their qualie laps, but the times were still allowed. And in Saudi, Perez was allowed to wait until after the race had restarted before giving the place back to Sainz, allowing Max to get away from the second Ferrari. Red Bull played the game as per the rules (the letter, if not the spirit), but the stewards should have made him move over before the SC ended.

Not sure if it would have made a difference to the result (coulda, woulda, shoulda), but events like this should be better controlled by the stewards,
The main thing race director has done is to stop Verstappen doing so many stupid off road moves and Red Bull haggling for leniency

I am waiting when Red Bull get hit with a penalty and lets see how they try to argue about the penalty issued especially Verstappen

I'm pretty sure Fernando will start dropping hints in the press that he's being considered for it in the next few weeks - can't see Merc going for it though. If you're going to spend that type of money go get a LeClerc or a Norris who will be there for a while and not stir as much shit.

Having watched George Russell for a long time i know he can get it done if they give him the car. Bring Bottas back and give him a compliant vet who knows how to set a car up and he's laughing.

I'm pretty sure Fernando will start dropping hints in the press that he's being considered for it in the next few weeks - can't see Merc going for it though. If you're going to spend that type of money go get a LeClerc or a Norris who will be there for a while and not stir as much shit.

Having watched George Russell for a long time i know he can get it done if they give him the car. Bring Bottas back and give him a compliant vet who knows how to set a car up and he's laughing.
True Russell will be there once Merc get the car sorted

Taking Bottas is a safe bet compared to say De Vries unless Vettel wants to exit Aston Martin. Might be easier to get Bottas if Ferrari start making heavier demands to Alfa about driver choices - promoting Schumacer agenda

Then lets take an early punt who would replace him at Mercedes next year then?
i think it goes back to 3 months ago. Lando Norris for me is the only viable candidate for me. i cant see anyone else. Bottas is possible but if he was irritating to losing to lewis most weeks, he's going to be unbearable losing to Russell

RasputinLives although it fits what happens to greatest sportsman of all time. as very few go out on a high. but he had to come back this season because we saw with Schumacher & Mansell, what happens when drivers leave when there not ready.

Most drivers have got long contracts except

Alonso
Sainz
Perez

Sainz could be the one to get if Schumacher was heavily pushed but there is nothing to suggest he is ready for promotion

If the board demands top drivers with a cv to back it then only Alonso or Vettel fit the bill and cost a lot as well

Perez would be a serious shock if he gets it

Bottas seems to be enjoying Alfa at the moment

Lewis will be around until the end of 2023. O feel like he should retire but he won't.
I hope he knows that will be it for him because I don't want him to hang around like Valentino Rossi did and be an also ran

Russell will no doubt be stronger next year so maybe an 8th title this year will make Lewis retire

Back
Top Bottom