Grand Prix 2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

To add a bit more interest to "The Show", the drivers will have to contend with dodging missiles this weekend.

Still, that's better odds than avoiding a beheading, which Saudi Arabia carried out 81 of last week.

What a lovely country.

In racing news, Ferrari top the standings for the first time since, well, meh, I don't care, because it's Ferrari.

McLaren are just as shit as ever.

Mercedes don't have the best car, again.

Red Bull possibly do, again, but as I said elsewhere hahahahahahahahahahaha ... and breathe.

K Mag put on a decent display last week.
Is he going to continue this weekend or will whoever he replaced be back?

Who did he replace anyway?
I don't recognise half the names these days.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is your PQR thread for the GP which is to be held in the murdering, terrorist supporting, despotic regime known as Saudi Arabia.

Enjoy.

For Mercedes they just need to hang in there and nick points. It's unsurmountable but I do feel Perez will not be a contender.

Screenshot_20220327-194411_Samsung Internet.jpg
I think the dislikes says it all about Verstappen winning

I don’t think that’s entirely fair. Had Perez not stopped, Leclerc did, and Latifi hadn’t been a donut, you‘d be saying exactly the same thing! Perez’s strategy was the correct thing to do, at the time!
Why is it always the No 2 driver? It won't help Perez's mood tonight a race he should have won

Red Bull got sucker punched

Last edited:
Great race, great result. Mildly amusing and utterly predictable to read the stream of anti Red Bull / Verstsppen vitriol here. An interesting irony where the biggest RB haters are the most obsessed by the team, not failing to mention the team or Max in almost every post. Comically Freudian.

I think F1 is in a great place with the regs being seen to work, with Ferrari back on song, and respect between the top teams and drivers. Whatever you think about Saudi this is a good track for racing. The front and rear-facing onboard shots were awesome at times, exhilarating stuff.

Lastly….. Lewis to Ferrari? 😉

I think F1 is in a great place with the regs being seen to work, with Ferrari back on song, and respect between the top teams and drivers. Whatever you think about Saudi this is a good track for racing. The front and rear-facing onboard shots were awesome at times, exhilarating stuff.

Funny how Red Bull ain't complaining about Mercedes side pods or their engine now they are behind them for now

Interesting dynamics and battle between Alonso and Ocon

I am watching the post race show on YouTube by Formula1 hosted by Rosanna Tennant Interesting to hear from the various drivers

The Merc engine is lagging but Williams and Mclaren are really lagging in terms of pace

The number of cars with mechanical issues was something that might worry a few teams

Last edited:
Things that never change Red Bull screwing their No 2 driver
that was bad luck. it has happened hundereds of times you do whatever he doesnt do. if Perez stayed out it wouldve been leclerc in 4th. just like Hamilton a race ruiner but you cant blame anyone, just sods law. if lewis has 5 seconds further back he couldve pitted & finished 6th

Last edited:
that was bad luck. it has happened hundereds of times you do whatever he doesnt do. if Perez stayed out it wouldve been leclerc in 4th. just like Hamilton a race ruiner but you cant blame anyone, just sods law. if lewis has 5 seconds further back he couldve pitted & finished 6th

I bet you Marko secretly wanted Verstappen to win more. It might be sods law but I wonder if it happened to Verstappen how he would have taken it?

We got two weeks before the redesigned Melbourne. The track use to be a happy hunting ground for Mercedes . Well they find answers to be closer?

I bet you Marko secretly wanted Verstappen to win more. It might be sods law but I wonder if it happened to Verstappen how he would have taken it?

We got two weeks before the redesigned Melbourne. The track use to be a happy hunting ground for Mercedes . Well they find answers to be closer?
i dont disagree because if red bull retain their title it is extremely likely that it wont be perez. & it might have been a turkey 2006 scenario that while Massa was able to win while ever schumacher remained 3rd.

but it was the 2nd race & i think it wouldve been too early team orders shouldnt come in until canada/britain or even after summer break. look at ferrari 2019 that you can never say never. they backed a 4 time world champion against a ferrari rookie & it was roles reversed by halfway

Great race, great result. Mildly amusing and utterly predictable to read the stream of anti Red Bull / Verstsppen vitriol here. An interesting irony where the biggest RB haters are the most obsessed by the team, not failing to mention the team or Max in almost every post. Comically Freudian.

Lol - still banging that drum

One of the things that this race illustrated was the ludicrousness of the "Safety Car Line" and emerging from the Pit Lane.

When looking back at the Sainz/Perez incident, as Sainz reaches the end of the pit lane speed limited area, he is behind Perez. However, since Perez is speed restricted on the track, but Sainz (effectively) isn't in the pitlane, Sainz is able to overtake Perez (in the pitlane), and be ahead at the Safety Car line.

I guess at least it is a rule which is clearly defined, and you would hope would work the same if the cars were in the reversed positions
I think its the DRS line that needs to be moved to stop the silly games being played to not be the one ahead according to Christian Moaner I mean Horner whatever his name should be

Anyone else disappointed in the stewarding so far this season? In the first race a number of cars were clearly outside of the white line in their qualie laps, but the times were still allowed. And in Saudi, Perez was allowed to wait until after the race had restarted before giving the place back to Sainz, allowing Max to get away from the second Ferrari. Red Bull played the game as per the rules (the letter, if not the spirit), but the stewards should have made him move over before the SC ended.

Not sure if it would have made a difference to the result (coulda, woulda, shoulda), but events like this should be better controlled by the stewards,

We have a live bet still don't we? It's a much yours as mine - just making sure one of us doesn't miss out on £50.

Yeah man. I ain't been around to claim it recently. When Lewis does retire without going to Ferrari just donate the winnings to the MS Society dude.

I think he'll be gone by end of the year! Should have not come back this season.

Back
Top Bottom