Grand Prix 2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

To add a bit more interest to "The Show", the drivers will have to contend with dodging missiles this weekend.

Still, that's better odds than avoiding a beheading, which Saudi Arabia carried out 81 of last week.

What a lovely country.

In racing news, Ferrari top the standings for the first time since, well, meh, I don't care, because it's Ferrari.

McLaren are just as shit as ever.

Mercedes don't have the best car, again.

Red Bull possibly do, again, but as I said elsewhere hahahahahahahahahahaha ... and breathe.

K Mag put on a decent display last week.
Is he going to continue this weekend or will whoever he replaced be back?

Who did he replace anyway?
I don't recognise half the names these days.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is your PQR thread for the GP which is to be held in the murdering, terrorist supporting, despotic regime known as Saudi Arabia.

Enjoy.

It's fair to say, he couldn't have driven that car any faster. He went green in every sector on almost every lap he drove.

Who knows how his set-up differed from Russell's but whatever it was the post qually briefing sessions will test their teamwork.

Can you believe Sergio Perez has never been on pole before? How has a driver so bad managed to stay in F1 for so long? Oh yes, a big bag of money.

Can you believe Sergio Perez has never been on pole before? How has a driver so bad managed to stay in F1 for so long? Oh yes, a big bag of money.
thats harsh on Perez he is nowhere on the bad list, not even on the current grid. he has done some good thing for a long while. for me he is pay driver everyone hopes for talented with money. of course he is never going to be a world champion but he's around level of a berger, Barrichello, Webber, Riccardio

could won the 2012 malaysian & italian gp in saubers, multiple podiums in monaco, 2nd in turkey 2020, won that race in sakhir from last, all in underdog cars

Last edited:
DriverRacesPolesWins
Sergio Perez21912
Lorenzo Bandini4211
Jo Bonnier10811
Thierry Boutson16413
Vittorio Brambilla7911
Patrick Depailler9512
Denny Hulme11218
Heikki Kovalainen11211
Robert Kubica9911
Pastor Maldonado961
Carlos Pace7311
Peter Revson3212
Wolfgang Von Tripps2912

Excuse the rubbish formatting as I was putting it together on my phone. The above list shows all the drivers who have scored a single pole position and one or more race wins.

It's an eclectic bunch.

Perhaps the most interesting is Denny Hulme who won a world championship with only a single pole.

The race could be unpredictable due to some drivers find it difficult to switch the tyres on.

I wonder how long will the fake smile at Red Bull last especially if Perez is a contracted No 2 but is ahead of Verstappen

In a way, Perez’ career has been a little like Andrea de Cesaris’. However, I think that Checo is a far superior driver to de Cesaris…

Especially considering there's likely to be a crash/safety car, so any ground lost by starting from the pit lane would be made up.

im shocked that Hamilton will start on the grid but then if they are in such a muddle on set up, struggling for rear grip & for me engine power. because there cant be coincidental that the 6 of slowest 7 cars that set qualifying lap where mercedes powered & if latifi hadnt crashed & im sure it would be 7 of 8. i guess their thinking there no guarantee they will improve the car. but in this race you'd rather take a engine penalty, be last & so you can avoid the 1st lap incident

Red Bull have got to be worried as there rebranded Honda engines are very problematic. isnt that there 5 engine failure in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Latifi is going to get slaughtered at this rate. This is the third race in a row he's totally screwed someone's day over.

đŸ¤£đŸ¤£

Back
Top Bottom