2021 Silly Season

Stroll had a poor race today given the promise shown over the weekend with the car. Its a shame the Hulk didn't get to run.

I certainly saw nothing in Sebs drive today to say his drive would have been any better in the Racing Point than Stroll, Hulkster or Perez.

Having the name in the car is probably worth more to Racing Point than any performance it may bring.

Hill to Arrows maybe.

Fittipaldi and Villeneuve were sold the dream of having a whole team built just for them. Vettel isn't worth that effort any more.

Vettel had an awful weekend and certainly not worth $30m-$40m or so that he is currently paid. To me Vettel seems to excel when everything is perfect for him including the car a bit like Button. When things are not he tends to fight everyone even the FIA and stewards thinking the whole world is against him.

I was more interested to hear Verstappen say Hulkenberg deserves to be in F1. Now Red Bull might be eyeing a short term replacement for Albon if Hulkenberg does well this weekend I hope

i love that as much i dont think albon done much wrong you dont become a bad driver over night & the red bull isnt the best they publicily admitted they have issues. & as i on the chat i dont think albon was at fault unless the alonso "all the time you need to leave a space" rule is no longer a rule otherwise magnussen shouldve left a cars width which is obvious to see he didnt. anyway ive gone on a tangent as usual

hulkenburg is for me 1 of best drivers never to stand on the podium. almost the opposite of perez in races he shouldve won or got on the podium something as always happened to him & for his talent he deserves to catch a break

Albon has had some good drives and overtakes, all of which he has had to do because of his lousy qualy performances. I don't know how Red Bull are trying to correct this but unless they do he will join the list of "didn't quite make it" TV pundits.

The issue with Albon's quali won't be addressed because all focus at Red Bull is on is there number one driver. Same thing happened to Gasly, then when Gasly got swapped down to Alpha he got some attention from the team and started putting in good results. They will probably swap them back again at somepoint and Albon's form will go up and Gasly's will go down. Its what happens when you chuck a rookie in and then give them no attention at all. Jos Verstappen and JJ Lehto will testify to that (from prison).

What Red Bull really need to do is chuck a driver with experience in there. They will still be behind but would keep up more. Dani Kvyat would be ideal. Unfortunately it does not fit Red Bulls image to have a veteran in their cars though - plus within weeks people will be calling for someone 'young and decent' to be in the seat.

the question of red bull is why is the 2nd driver always struggling at red bull. as this does go way back to 2011 after webber shouldve been 2010 world champion. i would say there is always 1 driver way out in front & the other struggling with questions asked. webber was 2011 - 2013 then it was vettel in 2014, kyvat in 2015 start of 2016, the riccardio towards end of 2017 & 2018 (although riccardio RB repuation is increasing) then Gasly 2019 & now albon 2020

albon for me is struggling with his 1 lap pace & pack if you forget mercedes has closed up isnt like 2017 when you could finish 6th by 20 secs where ever you started

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom