2021 Silly Season

Bernoulli

Spectator
It would be interesting to see Vettel at Mercedes. I don't think it would be as clear cut as many believe. However, in an interview in 2016 Vettel did hint that he was past his prime, possibly not as motivated as he was in earlier years, and he lacked the backing at Ferrari which led to many errors on his part in 2018 which in combination with a lack of car development and strategy errors lost him the title.
It's good that he and Ferrari have parted ways, I don't think that they'll win a championship in the foreseeable future due to a lack of leadership/consistency unlike Mercedes or even a small team like Racing Point which has been a major factor of those teams' success. As with Ferrari though it is doubtful that he'll have the backing that every driver needs to be successful.

gethinceri

Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan.
Contributor
It would be far more interesting to see Vettel **** off into retirement to join Alonso, never to return, along with Kimi.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
Kimi yes as much as i love the person next season if any 41 yr who made his 20yrs ago should not be on the grid he would be 6th oldest driver & 4th oldest point scorer in the tv era

Alonso would be a disappointment for me. he would be a Mansell at McLaren or Schumacher at Mercedes. better at indycar & numerous other racing series he does

Vettel i would keep for few more years because if there was the choice of bottas doing his slighty worse impression of kimi. because at least could be great when he could be bothered. or Vettel who in last chance saloon could be great i would go for vettel but if it was ocon or russell then maybe i could be persuaded it's time

Top Bottom