Grand Prix 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Who will be Champion

• Verstappen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
However much I wanted Hamilton to be champion right now, what outcome would people want from the Mercedes’ protests? In any other race I’d be okay with overturning the result. However this is a championship decision and Red Bull have done nothing wrong here.

That said I’ve no doubt in my mind that Masi wouldn’t have done that in any other race.

The only fair thing, if they were determined to finish as a race, would have been red flag and standing restart.
I was astounded that they didn't stop the race. The nearest precedent was the Azerbaijan GP. They should have stopped the race, and then had a 5 lap battle to the finish.

It looks like they have lodged protests against both Max, and the breach of sporting regulations following the safety car restart.
Yes. 48.8 and 48.12 (Ted Kravitz keeps getting the regulations wrong - the key regulation was 48.12 - but I don't think that they will be able to do anything to protest against the referee).

The only protest that could succeed would be 48.8 (against Verstappen)

It's taken over 30 minutes for Sky Sports F1 to realise what the Mercedes protest is about. They really are slow. If you watch Hamilton though, he kept on accelerating and decelerating - which was somewhat dodgy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom