Grand Prix 2019 Belgian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Il_leone

Champion Elect
He's Helmut favourite son at the moment Max so he will get protection. Main think Alex has to do is to avoid crashing into Max and show he can stay with him ...not getting lapped is a good start

vintly

Mostly bacon
Premium Contributor
Not crashing in quali will be a good start. I have high hopes for Albon and Max as team-mates – beating Ferrari would be legendary, quite literally.

RasputinLives

Doesn't look a bit like Jesus
Contributor
Literally? Well Legend translates as a fable not based in fact so maybe not literally. I agree it would be a great achievement though.

vintly

Mostly bacon
Premium Contributor
Ooh picky 😶 I can be picky. Yes literally RasputinLives. I said 'legendary' not 'legend', the definition being - of, relating to, or characteristic of legend or a legend.

RasputinLives

Contributor
One of the characteristics of a legend is that it is fictional though - would it resemble that? ;)

(Sorry this is an over reaction due to people in my office consistently using the word litterally wrongly. You didn't 'litterally just die' friend or you would not be here to bore me with stories of you night out with your tinder date)

vintly

Mostly bacon
Premium Contributor
Are all legends fictional? Anyway I hear that all the time too and It bugs me man! I get it. Peace, literally.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
interesting news, somethings leaked that Norris is injured his foot in the summer break & could be a doubt, but McLaren have replied that the protective boot is just a precautionary measure. so we might be see sirotkin "debut" in a competive machinery

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
this could go on so many threads. this, indycar, Alfa, McLaren, 2020 season . but this best comprise. seems ericsson 2020 might be sorted & mclaren indycar deal kicks him out of indycar after 1 year
Screenshot_20190829-085524.jpg
Screenshot_20190829-085540.jpg

RasputinLives

Contributor
I would be very interested to see how Ericsson shapes up in a proper midfield car. While he is much maligned he has always been a sprinkle of quick and a big dollop of bad luck. He was really starting to overcome the latter at the end of last year. Would be interesting to see how he compares to Giovanazzi and Kimi.

Angel

Race Winner
Contributor
I read that Ericsson is only in Spa because Kimi injured his leg and wasn't sure he'd be fit to race. Ericsson is their reserve driver.

I also read that Albon is going to start the race at the back of the grid due to engine related penalties. I'm so glad I bet on him in the You Bet game :(

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
albon starting at the back could be interesting as if Albon comes from the back to finish 6th then it nail in gasly coffin because it was something he couldn't do in Australia for example. that they took for granted with riccardio within 20 laps

crofty has made me feel old, saying its 10yrs ago to the day that fisichella took pole in the force india

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
a lot of issues for Hamilton in FP1, had to trundle back to the pits then went out a 2nd time appartantly came in back smoking (I was on radio for 10mins) then 3rd time only managed 5th 1.3 secs off the ferraris

also anything to look into gasly 3 tenths of Kyvat

Angel

Race Winner
Contributor
Yeah it looks like Albon is on it from what I saw, he was within 0.07 of Max when I last saw the timings. That is very impressive for his first time out in that car I'd say.

Top Bottom