Poll 2018 Japanese Grand Prix Out Of Ten

How did you rate the 2018 Japanese Grand Prix out of Ten?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3: Pretty much predictable, including Vettel and Verstappen crashing. Two Mercedes cruised around in front. Best of the rest race was not that exciting.

Honestly didn't watch most of it, Once Vettel played Mr Desperate and threw away any chance he might have had, and then Leclerc retired I was on fast forward to pretty much to the end. So I scored it low, but that's more about how I felt about it than the actual race really.
Hey, I scored it low....and I am hardly a Vettel fan.

Actually I mostly tuned out the commentators. I got very spoiled with Hobbs and Matchett. who are clearly much better than the Sky commentators. The Sky commentators tend to just drone on endlessly and become background noise. They almost never talk about the technical aspects of the cars.

the commentary was ****ing useless

yeah its a shame when brundle has to have time off if post race is recorded, ill watch driver/ team interviews martins analysis & ted notebook, then fast forward the race. because with ted, brundle is the best part of the tv coverage has been for 20yrs. I dont understand why Di Resta has to be commentator as for me Davidson has always been better analyst during the race. but di resta can be an analyst without the yst

Last edited:
I loved it when we had Brundle and DC doing the commentary together, they were really good.

Apparently Martin Brundle is only contracted to do 18 races per season, he said so himself on twitter the other day. Seems a bit odd to me when the season has 21 races but I suppose there's a reason for it.

I loved it when we had Brundle and DC doing the commentary together, they were really good.

Apparently Martin Brundle is only contracted to do 18 races per season, he said so himself on twitter the other day. Seems a bit odd to me when the season has 21 races but I suppose there's a reason for it.

Well im sure damon hill only has 10 race contract. But i thought this time off was due to his daughter's birthdays

He also has health issues and it's some of the fly away he misses.

True but when he left the BBC he said it was because he didn't want to do only half the season live, he wanted to do the whole season live. I guess as we get older our priorities change though don't they?

There were all sorts of rumours about Crofty being given the boot by Sky. It remains to be seen if he is the main commentator next season.

Well when it's left to Croft & Di Resta it shiws how good Brundle is. Maybe it's contract time!

Not the worst idea, i had a recent situation at football abit different to brundle, our stadium announcer whose been there potentially 25 - 30yrs maybe longer. Did something & started getting criticism. He took a holiday missed next match & then his replacement, made everyone realise what they had taken for granted & his popularity went through the roof

FB if they got rid of crofty who would they get in. I dont mind him i think he a good double act with davidson & brundle. Country mile better than legard who seemed talk over martin & watch a different race to everyone else

Last edited:
Maybe they could hire Ben Edwards then I'd get rid of him from C4. I just don't like his commentary, he's too shouty for me. I like DC, I always have but I wish he had someone else with him.

Back
Top Bottom