Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 5.0%

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
I bet they can't access some of the bolts with the wheel in place!

I did wonder why they didn't just send him on his way with 3 new tyres on... Although I suppose the front left would be under a lot of load, so probably would have let go...

They could have just stuck a bit of bendy plastic on it and called it a flexi wheel, then they would have been allowed to run it for the next few races without penalty.

Apparently, Ferrari have a bendy rear wing, Mercedes have a bendy front wing and Red Bull have a bendy front and rear wing.

Sounds a bit like the title of a 1977 10cc album...... Deceptive Bends.

LOL

Apparently, Ferrari have a bendy rear wing, Mercedes have a bendy front wing and Red Bull have a bendy front and rear wing.
think ive said before if this was 2015 2016. then yes ban it, as it going to affect many years. the rules completely change in 6 months.

if everyone cheating is anyone gaining an advantage

Dartman - yes, but force-majeure often trumps this sort of thing... So, drivers have escaped penalties in the past because of a Force-Majeure issue...
but this Monaco even if they could legally send him out again. coming in a lap later wouldve stuck him in last & what's the point of running last in Monaco

Horner said that there was also evidence that Mercedes' front wing was moving at speed, and that attention would soon be directed at that.

"Just look at some footage from Imola of the front wing of our competitor's car and you will see very clearly flexible aerodynamics," Horner said.

Bill Boddy - I'd been amazed that all of the focus had been on Red Bull's rear wing, given how obviously the Mercedes' front wing was flexing in previous races... This on-board from Portugal illustrates it perfectly

I think it's because the bit that's moving are the "fingers" of the wing, the main plane itself is static from what I could tell - I don't think those fingers are even subject to load tests - they're all on the main plane. (and Redbull are doing the same thing)

Whereas the redbull rear wing (I've not seen the Ferrari one) - the whole thing is deflecting including the parts that are load tested, so they're clearly circumventing the test.

I'd also imagine that this, like the alleged fuel flow meter circumvention, isn't a case of Merc sour grapes because they didn't think of it, but because they thought of it, but didn't do it as they decided that it would be cheating - which it is.

Back
Top Bottom