Poll 2018 Japanese Grand Prix Out Of Ten

How did you rate the 2018 Japanese Grand Prix out of Ten?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Decent race I thought. Loads of overtaking.
Seb throwing away his last chance with, as DC said 'the move of a desperate man'
The Max Bottas fight at the end was great. Dan had a great recovery drive from 15th.
I note Kimi didn't swap with Seb at the end. Did he refuse I wonder or have they given up.
Lewis 67 points ahead. That was a perfect weekend for Hammy.

I enjoyed that 7/10

Last edited:
Honestly didn't watch most of it, Once Vettel played Mr Desperate and threw away any chance he might have had, and then Leclerc retired I was on fast forward to pretty much to the end. So I scored it low, but that's more about how I felt about it than the actual race really.

6 - it wasnt 1 of the best but wasnt 1 of the worst. Quite a bit of action down the field. Shame there was no battle for the lead but bottas was back to being bang average. If anything below average

A pretty entertaining race ruined by the worst commentary I can remember suffering. Puerile, inaccurate, baseless opinion, sloppy. Brundle makes Croft tolerable, albeit barely.

6 out of 10

not exciting. Vettel's and Ferrari's credibilities go down even further.

Verstappen's robust defence okay - what was anyone expecting but having Kimi was bordering on dangerous if that had been a wall

Something needs to be done with the attitudes of Verstappen , Stroll, Magnussen's racing because they will get someone seriously hurt

Stroll - seriously going to do better in a Force India?

Alonso's penalty was daft given he was shoved off the track

An interesting race with loads of action from the rest. Unfortunately ruined by Vettel trying yet another manoeuvre which had no hope of working.

The worst thing is that Vestappen should never have been in that position. When he went off the track he should not have come back on until it was safe to do so; incidentally that is precisely what Vettel did, had Verstappen done so it might have been a different result.

Ricciardo deservedly got the award for Driver of the Day with Vettel getting the fastest lap.

The Channel 5 commentators were OK but as usual there were times when they were slow in seeing gaps closing, e..g. Verstappen closing the gap to Bottas which had been clear several laps earlier.

The Hondas were definitely quicker over one lap but didn't seem to be able to keep it going for the whole race.

Overtaking is possible at Suzuka, all you need is a car two seconds a lap quicker than the one in front (or Ricciardo who only needs a one second advantage).

5. However I’m glad I didn’t get up early to watch it.
Irritating commentary on Sky, and, has anyone else noticed how much Croft seems to irritate Ted Kravitz when they talk during the race.?

regarding the commentary I don't know about Sky but IMHO Channel 4 was rather awful, I thought that sky in Italy was normally rather bad but today (that I was in Londinium) C4 was not much better

I concur with Galahad and gethinceri on the Sky commentators. Actually got so annoyed I had to pause and go out the room for a bit.

Paul Di Resta "Vettel didn't need to try and overtake Verstappen! He could have waited for the pitstop and passed him with the penalty" - HE NEEDED TO GET PAST SO HE COULD TRY AND CHASE DOWN THE MERCS!!! HE HAD TO BEAT HAMILTON TO WIN THE TITLE. IF HE'D WAITED FOR THE PITSTOPS THEY'D HAVE BEEN 30 SECONDS DOWN THE ROAD!!! DO THEY ACTUALLY PAY YOU TO DO THIS??? YOU ABSOLUTE DILLHOLE!! YOU KEPT REPEATING IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE RACE AS WELL LIKE YOU WERE SOME SORT OF RACING SAGE!!! HOW CAN SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN A RACING DRIVER NOT SEE THIS?!?

*and relax*

So....new idea for the site. CTA commentary. I nominate cider_and_toast as lead commentator with gethinceri as secondary. teabagyokel as pit lane reporter and Galahad on the sky pad. I know it would make my viewing experience far better.

I can't even rate the race I'm too angry at the commentary.

Paul Di Resta "Vettel didn't need to try and overtake Verstappen! He could have waited for the pitstop and passed him with the penalty" - HE NEEDED TO GET PAST SO HE COULD TRY AND CHASE DOWN THE MERCS!!! HE HAD TO BEAT HAMILTON TO WIN THE TITLE. IF HE'D WAITED FOR THE PITSTOPS THEY'D HAVE BEEN 30 SECONDS DOWN THE ROAD!!! DO THEY ACTUALLY PAY YOU TO DO THIS??? YOU ABSOLUTE DILLHOLE!! YOU KEPT REPEATING IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE RACE AS WELL LIKE YOU WERE SOME SORT OF RACING SAGE!!! HOW CAN SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN A RACING DRIVER NOT SEE THIS?!?

:cheer:

Are you sure RasputinLives ??

Sample test commentary for US GP

CaT - Welcome to our US GP coverage here from Austin Texas. This track of course replacing the track hosted by the legendary Indianapolis Speedway. Did you know Lotus became the first British team to win the Indy 500. Geth, your thoughts please.

Geth - Ah yes, Lotus, builders of the fantastic Lotus Superbike ridden to success at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics by Chris Boardman. Did you know that this was probably responsible for kick starting the cycling revolution in British sport?

CaT - Interesting Geth and talking about kick starting, the lights go on, and they're out and away the cars go. Max Verstappen's Renault engine immediately lets go. Renault of course supplied the engine that took Ayrton Senna to his first win for Lotus, Geth

Geth - Yes of course and let's not forget Renault are synonymous with France as is the Tour De France and I'd like to give a big shout out to another debut winner, this time a Welsh, one.....

And so on and so on...... LOL

Back
Top Bottom