Pre-Season 2016 Season Preview

Steve Jones very much likes to poke fun at whatever he is presenting and whoever he is interviewing so am fascinated to see how the F1 world will take to having him in the pitlane. I imagine as David Coulthard is a very easy man to mock he'll get the brunt of it.

Love having Murrayisms as subheadings.

There've been too many piss-poor marshalling/RC decisions (ie. >0) putting marshals in danger. The Russian cited in the article, the Canadian falling guy etc.

Kyalami 1977 tells us what can happen if this isn't done properly, and if the idea prevents even one repetition then frankly the competition effects matter less than a whole covern of Kardashians.

They're volunteers, they're humans and that have families. Their safety should be #1. Sorry, it ain't.

So CH4 will have Ben Edwards and Coulthard as commentators with Steve Jones being joined by the likes of Suzie Wolff and Mark Webber. Basically BBC line up.

They also will only have 1 live race between now and June.

Suzie Wolff? Surely you mean Suzie Perry? After all, they need someone who knows something about F1.

Not really related to the article but they really must sort out the lapped cars overtaking bollocks which makes Safety Cars much longer than they should be. With all the complicated timing crap the FIA are doing with DRS, the new qualifying format etc. you'd think they could just let the lapped cars drop to the back and reset them back on to the lead lap to deal with it instead.

The trouble with safety cars is the length of time they are on track. They do close up the racing, but the price we pay are endless laps of nothing.

I keep banging on about the lapped cars bollocks. It's simple, once all cars are in the same bunch (which is the point of the safety car), all lapped cars pass through the pit, the incident is cleared. The race restarts the next time the leader passes the safety car line on that lap, piece of piss.

Well, pre-season testing proved to be ....... completely useless for all, apart from the techy guys behind the pit garage lap-tops who knew how much fuel, what car settings and other stuff they won't even tell us about.

So, onwards to the boredom that is 8 months of unrelenting commentators spouting drivel to try and keep us watching the 'action' or 'show' depending upon which camp (or should that be how camp) they are in and what their traget audience profile is this year.

BTW, when does the Stab-In-The-Dark F1 start (aka Fantasy F1) so I can prove my own personal ineptness and worthlessness?
:1st:? :no: ..... :2nd:? :no: ..... :3rd:? :no:
..... :givemestrength:???? :yes:!:yes:!:yes:!
.................. :bawl:

Last edited:
Stop, hold everything, there appears to be a picture of Eddie Jordan among that list of profiles. Some mistake surely??

It's bad enough we've got to put up with Susie 'Advancing the cause of women in motorsport through marriage' Wolff but not Eddie as well ?

I find Edwards and Coulthard the dullest commentators. Wish they could have picked someone else. The rest of the team are good though and both Bruno and Karun are always interesting.

Back
Top Bottom