Pre-Season 2016 Season Preview

I hope it's this Steve Jones, they could have a ball with the theme tune:
jonesy.jpg

Bristol City had a player called Steve Jones. There are two things about that:

1) He had a tan that made him look as brown as a coffee bean.

And

2) He was voted Bristol City's crappest player of all time.

So, I expect it's not him.

Last edited:
just thinking we are less than 3 weeks from the 1st free practice in Melbourne, probably 2 weeks from any media presenter would have to fly out & i find it strange their has been no official announcement on who is the most main anchor or any of the commentary team bar that that rumour of Steve Jones a fortnight ago. considering i just researched & found that bbc announced their entire presenting team 3 weeks after the 2008 finale around end of november & sky sports f1 about 10 days after the 2011 finale

here we are 2 months after the announcement & all we know is DC is involved. i know hes good but i doubt he can be main presenter/ pundit & lead commentator at the same time

They are starting to do teaser trailers on CH4 so I wouldn't worry too much.

Personally I'm hoping for a different angle and they decided to let Adam Hills, Alex Brooker and Josh Widecombe present it. I don't care if they are not into F1 they'd still be great to watch and wouldn't pull any punches. Also Will Buxton on main commentary please.

I'm also hoping that due to 'musical differences' they decide not to use David Coulthard because it might make me watch it.

I agree with the last leg presenters, because they are fantastic & that Australia trip was like a top gear episode without cars. Just brilliant & will Buxton is 1 of those unknown gems because his gp2 was so good that I went from watching gp2 out of curiosity & cos it's on to never missing a race 3/4 yrs later. But I think he's now American version of ted kravitz so would never leave

Just seen the ad for Formula One on Channel 4. They've used stock footage of Vettel's donut in the Red Bull at the end of Abu Dhabi 2013 and replaced the livery and helmet with dark grey and and white like current Channel 4 colours

Seems like they've managed to get 'the Chain' as a theme tune as well. That's vaguely interesting as the BBC wouldn't let ITV use it.

Did you know Fleetwood Mac's the chain has the exact same chord progression as Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits?

That's your pointless fact of the day.

Who is/are Fleetwood Max and Sultans of Swing (a muslim group?). My father was born in Fleetwood, is there likely to be any connection?

The Chain belongs to Fleetwood Mac surely ? They can do what they like with it ?

---------------------------------------------------------

Not necessarily. Modern bands are a bit more clued up business-wise these days but back then it was fairly common for bands to sign anything that looked like a record deal without taking the legal steps that ensured they kept ownership of their own recordings. Don't know about Fleewtwood Mac though.

Fleetwood Mac had some of the most idiotic deals of any rock group of the 20th century. They blew what money they had on ching and luxury, The Chain was probably given away in the mid 70s for a gram and a bottle of mateus rosé.

Back
Top Bottom