Pre-Season 2016 Season Preview

For those planning a trip to Azerbaijan, this is the Baku City Circuit:

512px-Formula1_Circuit_Baku.svg.png

A smidgen of 6km long with some nice 90 degree turns where we might see some overtaking (anyone else old enough to remember F1 racing round Phoenix?). If you want tickets you can get them here: 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE

For those planning a trip to Azerbaijan, this is the Baku City Circuit:

512px-Formula1_Circuit_Baku.svg.png

A smidgen of 6km long with some nice 90 degree turns where we might see some overtaking (anyone else old enough to remember F1 racing round Phoenix?). If you want tickets you can get them here: 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE

Ted kravitz is in Azerbaijan & he shown some pics that look absolutely confusing because they can seriously be saying that pics below are going to 8/9/10 complex
IMG_20160130_114003.jpg
IMG_20160130_113957.jpg
its too narrow surely

They make a stupidly narrow part of the track to make everyone remember the event, yet forget that true locations like France, South Africa and Germany cannot get anything.

Surely that road will become even more narrow when barriers and sponsorship logos are added. They aren't going to drape any of Bernies buddies logos over that iron fence and call it good, are they?

It may make for an awesome picture but I doubt it'll make for good racing, and that's what F1 needs really.

RasputinLives I think it's quite easy to miss a couple of hours of Lemans and still follow what is going on. Whilst I enjoy endurance racing, and Lemans in particular, it isn't exactly action packed.

Will anyone be watching the Azkaban Grand Prix with it clashing with Le Mans?

apparently after the uproar that happened when many motorsport fans complained if it was a 1pm UK start they would miss end of le mans they have delayed the start til 6pm UK. to accommodate. but ive seen a tweet from 1 motorsport reporter "my view of baku gp" & it was the picture of T1 at le mans

I don't know, everyone complains that they want "historical" tracks on the calendar and when they go and design a circuit across cobbled streets through a castle wall and then everyone complains. Can't get more "historical" than that :twisted:

Pothole has gone but they'll still have to dodge the dementors

(Apologies now but I will be milking the 'I've mistakingly thought this Grand Prix is being held in the fictional Harry Potter location of Azkeban joke for the entirity of 2016....probably into 2017 as well)

Pothole has gone but they'll still have to dodge the dementors

(Apologies now but I will be milking the 'I've mistakingly thought this Grand Prix is being held in the fictional Harry Potter location of Azkeban joke for the entirity of 2016....probably into 2017 as well)
Make 'em good or my ire will be relentless.

i thought we had a channel 4 thread but i couldnt find it so i'll put it on here

there is a strong rumour that steve jones will be announced as the new channel 4 formula 1 presenter, because @f1broadcasting on twitter was tipped off that steve jones has followed alot of f1 people on twitter, so i looked into it & either he is a big f1 fan or is involved somehow because the last 26 people he followed are all f1 related, likes of Coulthard, Sky Sports F1, McLaren, Lotus/Renault, Ferrari, Williams, Vergne, Grosjean, Massa, Bottas, Gutierrez, Pérez, Hülkenberg, Force India, Sauber, Manor, Toro Rosso, Mercedes, Red Bull, Ricciardo, Rosberg, Webber, Button, Hamilton & official F1 site

Back
Top Bottom