MotoGP 2015 Season

Think I'm going to the MotoGP race at Indy this weekend, any recommendations of things to see/do in the MotoGP paddock? Or just things to watch for during the races?

The season is building up to a climax. Marquez has not really performed this season, it may be that the Honda is no longer the fastest bike but Marquez has been pushing it too hard, he has had accidents due to this.

Up until Silverstone Lorenzo was cruising with a reasonable lead over Rossi. Then Silverstone was wet, Rossi performed like it was dry, Lorenzo finished 5.7 seconds behind in 4th place. Worse was to follow for Lorenzo in San Marino; it started dry but soon there was some light rain, unaccountably Rossi pitted at least one lap late losing time to Lorenzo who had pitted earlier, then Lorenzo looked as though he was going for extra positions between the two of them and came off. Rossi finished only 5th but it was enough to put him at the top of the table in a similar position to where Lorenzo had been two races earlier.

I didn't see last Sunday's race until today. Lorenzo made one of his flying starts with Rossi four or five places behind him. Iannone was in second for a short time before Marquez went past him. On lap 2 Marquez looked to be pushing very hard, overdoing it again, finishing in the gravel with a damaged Honda. Iannone dropped back, being overtaken by Pedrosa and Rossi. Meanwhile Lorenzo managed to build a lead of just over three seconds but could not improve on this, possibly due to the all or nothing battle for second place. With around three laps to go Rossi made his move taking second off Pedrosa who came straight back at him to get second back. They continued in this vein until the last lap, Rossi went past with a move that blocked Pedrosa from doing a retake and it was clear that he would finish in second but with just under half a lap to go he was mugged and then pushed out wide by a determined Pedrosa. There was no doubt that Rossi was going for the minimum points loss to Lorenzo, he was outraced for once and by a rider who has been a bit lacklustre lately; the commentators were impressed by the Pedrosa fightback.

What a shame that we cannot have races like that in F1. I would advise trying to somehow see the first three laps and the last five at the very least, the whole thing would be better. ITV Player will probably have it.

Up until Silverstone Lorenzo was cruising with a reasonable lead over Rossi.

-------------------------

Uh? Lorenzo was never ahead of Rossi this season? Well he was tied on points (and ahead on number of wins) after Brno but otherwise Rossi' s been leading the entire season hasn' t he?

I stand corrected. Rossi built up a lead in the early races, then Lorenzo got on a roll which brought him level. Sorry.

I don;t know if its related but I do wonder if Honda's struggles in MotoGP is related to their F1 issues where they don't seem to know how to build a decent engine

I don;t know if its related but I do wonder if Honda's struggles in MotoGP is related to their F1 issues where they don't seem to know how to build a decent engine

--------------------------

Obviously not since the Honda in Moto GP has traditionally been the most powerful on the grid ever since I can remember,and it shows in the higher top speeds enjoyed by the Honda riders. (Although the Ducatti in the past two years might have something to say about that)

Maybe I should add that Honda competing in F1 might be upsetting the internal operations at Honda with resource deployment and moving personnel in house between the two operations

Honda's problems in MotoGP do not look like the engine. The Yamaha can brake later and it is more stable in the corners. Every race the Hondas are shown on the TV replays with a wiggle on.

Which makes me wonder are key engineers being moved from HRC to Honda F1 . I mean in the disastrous Earth Car era .. the car was apparently designed by someone who previously was designing the bikes . We know Honda also are not recruiting anyone from outside the company according to Mr Arai:facepalm:

Glad to see Pedrosa return to winning ways after all the time he must have spent under the surgeons's knife this past year or so.

Plus it's always amusing, the sight of Dani on top of the podium and still looking shorter than the other two either side of him. :)

The MotoGP was a bit like the F1 yesterday, a good start dullish middle bit then spiced up again at the end.
Congratulations Dani, that was a cracking ride. After the last two races I think we have the 'old' Dani back which is great.
I'm still hoping for a GOAT WRC this year though (sorry Jorge)
I have high hopes for our Danny Kent in the future, he has a very strategic head on his young shoulders and I hope he clinches the title soon, it would be interesting to see him on a competitive bike in MotoGP.
If the poor weather in the last few races are anything to go by I hope his team have been practising wheel changes!

I missed it!!! >:(>:(>:( I was going to watch it later and absent-mindedly looked up up the latest on Autosport news as I frequently do and saw the full results.

What a stupid dope... Argghhh!...>:(:spank:

You didn't miss much, there were four riders out front, including the two title contenders, who had a ding-ding battle all the way, the result only being decided on the last lap. Oh, and Cal Crutchlow forgot to fall off again.

The Hondas were decidedly quicker on the straight than the Yamahas but the Ducati was amazing; on several laps Ianone went past both a Honda and a Yamaha on the straight with plenty of time to spare. If they can improve the rest of the bike even by a small amount in the winter it will be untouchable.

Iannone is definitely the most improved rider along with Bradley Smith. Dovioszo has had his day in top teams and really should make way and I hope it will be Scott Redding

I hope Rossi wins title no 10.

A bit harsh on Crutchlow because the Honda is a bit difficult to tame especially for satellite riders

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the MotoGP race, true they only showed four riders most of the time but what a mega battle. Philip Island almost always turns out great races.
As Bill Boddy says the Ducati was fantastic on the straight. There's definitely high hope for a three way battle next year for the WCC.
As for the Moto3 race - gutted for our Danny. The luck seems to have turned against him the second half of the season and I fear the title will go to Olivera.
I don't know if anyone was penalised for the crash that took Danny out of the race but it seemed a racing incident to me.
I really hope he can wrap it up next week...I'll be watching....

Fabulous, fabulous race in MotoGP. Shame for Kent in Moto3, such a fighting performance. He will get the title wrapped up, it's just a question of whether it happens in Malaysia or is delayed until the final round. Go Danny!

Dizzi Kent needs to secure just 10pts to be the champion . Oliveira needs to score a 1st and another podium if Kent does not score to win. I can;t see that happening because Bastiannini would still want to win and get 2nd place

---------------------------

I think Iannone could become a dark horse next season in the Ducati. If only Rossi was riding on this bike not the 2011 and 2012 Ducati where it was so poor,

I don't rate Dovioszo -he's a solid rider but not a factory rider where he could not compete with Stoner and Pedrosa and its time someone else gets given the chance on the bike

Back
Top Bottom