MotoGP 2015 Season

For some reason his style has always reminded me of Alonso in that way (Valentino's 500x more likable though)

---------------------------------

Slightly off-topic but that post reminded me of the fact there once was a period in days gone by when a large selection of drivers and riders were just racers, in the sense they didn't stick to one category, would jump from F1 to Le Mans to motorcycle racing to hillclimb trials, on both two and four wheels.

Can you imagine something like that in today's motor racing and wouldn't that be grand?

Yeah, in the old german superbike series.

He was having a few problems at the time because he kept injuring himself whenever he had a fall. I remember they were saying at the time it was because he hadn't learned how to fall properly, which isn't really something you learn in your late thirties. As opposed to kid riders who grow up with it on smaller machines. Being nearly 40 might be leaving it a wee bit late in life to start a competitive career on two wheels from that point of view.

And Rossi himself drives rallies, rallycross and tested for Ferrari. I don't think too many are going to go from four wheels to do but it would be pretty great to see more drivers participating in more than one category, such as having F1 drivers or other big names drive in big races in other series (Le Mans, Indy 500, Sebring, Bathurst, etc.)

I think many are restricted on what they can do outside of F1 by insurance companies. Such is the World we live in today.

I think I might have mentioned this before but as far as contracts are concerned it was the summer of 1985 that was a turning point in the end of F1 drivers' involvements in motorsport outside of F1.
Following the two fatal crashes that killed Manfried Winckelhock and Stefan Bellof a month apart both at the wheel of Porsches 956 at Mosport and Spa team princips conceyed an emergency meeting across the grid and reached a unanimous agreement to push for driver contract alterations that would allow them to specifically ban their drivers from taking part in any other form of motorsport.

Shame Renault neglected to include any such ban on Kubica's contract in 2010...

Not for too much longer unless he gets his quali and start mojo back sharpish. He can't afford to keep giviing himself a mountain to climb at the start of every race.

Cal dislocated his ankle during his crash. That'll hurt like hell when he gets back on the thing...

After this weekend it is getting very interesting. It would seem that a rider who has been in a class of his own is finding not being at the front rather difficult. Just how Marquez missed Lorenzo I do not know. Then there is the fight for the WRC, Lorenzo seems to have got his mojo back whilst Rossi is losing the race during qualifying.

Nice to see the Suzukis do something again even though it was only qualifying. Maybe it's the beginning of a comeback.

DON'T FORGET THE RACE IS ON TODAY! As is the tradition with dutch motorsport events.

First pole for Rossi this year. Looks like he's read our comments.

Is it OK to comment on it on here today? I never know whether I'd be spoiling it for those that don't have BT Sport and are waiting to watch it later on ITV4?

Not for too much longer unless he gets his quali and start mojo back sharpish. He can't afford to keep giviing himself a mountain to climb at the start of every race.

Cal dislocated his ankle during his crash. That'll hurt like hell when he gets back on the thing...

Does Cal crash every single race? He really ought to be known as Cal Crashlow.

Great race. It doesn't get any closer than that! Marquez really wanted to finish for a change but he was really pushing. It is so close this year. And Cal finished too!

Well he did have a bit of a reputation as a right old moaner though didn't he. Maybe he just misses the days when the sport was dominated by US and OZ riders?....

Last edited:
There was a pretty feisty race last Saturday with the front two having a near collision just before the finish which settled the result. When Rossi and Marques got back to the paddock there was no rancour, in fact they seemed the best of mates. Maybe Stoner could hav done with learning that Moto GP is basically a sport.

Back
Top Bottom