FIA 2015 race calendar

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Well Korea has been axed and a new calendar just published here.

screenshot.15.jpg

So if I have this right its a 3 week break between Bahrain and Spain, and a 4 week break for summer between Hungary and Spa. Everything else is either 2 weeks or 1 week. Reasonably happy with that.

screenshot.16.jpg

I'm sure I saw something the other day that the CotA was in some sort of trouble. I'll see if I can find a link. It would be a great shame if the US were to lose such a good circuit which is only just getting established.

Wouldn't it be more logical to either move through the races from East to West or vice versa? Two glaringly obvious examples are Canada and the USA + all the others in that part of the world, and Abu Dhabi would be better next to Bahrain tagged on to the end of all the races in Asia (including Russia).

It's an interesting article.

What it clearly shows is what we've all known for a long time, you can't make money out of hosting an F1 race so your buisness model needs to be watertight and cover as many diverse methods for raising cash as possible. There was a time (though I don't think he does anymore) when dear old Bernie insisted that any circuit wanting to host an F1 race could not hold another major motorsport event.

With the general lack of interest in F1 stateside, Team Haas can't join the grid soon enough for CotA.

Still only Germany though. How can I buy my tickets if I don't know which circuit to buy them from? They can't decide on a venue a month before the race, there's work to be done.

I'm sure I saw something the other day that the CotA was in some sort of trouble. I'll see if I can find a link. It would be a great shame if the US were to lose such a good circuit which is only just getting established.
I don't think the circuit is in trouble, more likely to be the circuit's ability to pay for Bernie's extravagant lifestyle that's in trouble. Then again I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't be that upset if the circuit lost F1 but got IndyCars and everybody else to come.

Wouldn't it be more logical to either move through the races from East to West or vice versa? Two glaringly obvious examples are Canada and the USA + all the others in that part of the world, and Abu Dhabi would be better next to Bahrain tagged on to the end of all the races in Asia (including Russia).
Texas is too hot in the summer, and Canada's too cold in November!!!

I misunderstood Titch. Although of course maybe there's concern regarding ticket sales for races like Bahrain and Abu Dhabi being so far apart (not like there's any ticket sales there anyway!!)

If the oil price drops much more both Bahrain and Abu Dhabi may need to get paying customers; they might then find out how popular they are.

I wonder if the snub of Nurburgring could have anything to do with the fact that Bernie tried to buy it and was outbid twice?

Both tracks are dull as dishwater so it makes no difference to me.

I will never forgive Herman for cutting Hockenheim up. There was no need for it. Especially as the Jim Clark memorial is now rotting away quietly in the middle of nowhere as the old track goes to waste.

There is a Jim Clark memorial on the way to the Spitzkehre, anyone with any type of entrance ticket can go see it. There's even a bus goes past now.

Back
Top Bottom