Things ... 2015 - 2016 Silly Season. The Drivers Market.

So confirmed so far...

Mercedes - Lewis & Nico
Ferrari - Seb and Kimi
Red bull - TBC & TBC
Torro Rosso - TBC & TBC
Williams - Bottas & Massa
McLaren - Jenson & Alonso
Force India - Perez & Hulk
Lotus - Pastor & Palmer
Sauber - Ericsson & Nasr
Manor - TBC & TBC
Haas - Romain & Gutierrez

I wouldn't be surprised if the last 6 seats don't change. Though I think Rossi has more promise than Merri.

I thought Alonso wasn't now confirmed, just a maybe, certainly employed but may not be driving, the saga continues. He may not have completely pissed Ron off, Honda is a different matter.

Over the weekend Ron said that Alonso had the option of having a year sabbatical if the testing of next years car was not promising.

When asked directly whether he would consider taking that option Alonso answered with one word "No".

Well he isn't stupid, he knows there is no such thing as a sabbatical at his age. It would end up being retirement.
Way too many young hot shots around to do that.

Interesting Ron's quote was "We have a great number of driver options. We have two of the best drivers in the world in our cars. When we have to take the decision, we will take it together and at this moment in time our drivers of next year are Fernando and Jenson Button."

Ron immediately said he was misquoted because the media only picked the juicy quotes from the whole question. I don't know if Ron was trying to show who is in charge or feeling the pressure from his other investors but the timing of the quote means Alonso can't really relax and dictate things to Mclaren and Honda

Incidentally with Manor - Jordan King and Rio Hiryanto will be testing the car

So for Manor I think if Jordan does well then daddy might throw more money for him to be in F1. Will Stevens seems to think he has done enough to be on the grid.

I am somewhat glad Wehrlein is not on the grid given how farcical the DTM ended

I thought Crofty said Will Stevens will be at Manor next year, maybe just wishful thinking on his part maybe.

No, I seem to remember reading that Stevens had secured another year there. I thing he's done a reasonable job this year. Certainly more competative against his team mates than Max Chilton ever was.

Comparision preseason forecasts of bookmakers vs results of season 2015:
15F1BookmakersVsDrivers.jpg

FB
The Daily Mail seems to think this is the case but I thought I did read Jordan King and Rio Hiryanto will get a test at Abu Dhabi

So I can't see the team with two British drivers

Back
Top Bottom