Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Ready for the World Cup? Draw yesterday and these are the groups:
thing.png

The best European teams can be thoroughly dissatisfied by those groups while four of the six South Americans will be delighted!

Argentina my favourites to win the thing!

Group E seems ridiculous - although there will be some tasty matches in the other groups. Belgium could be dark horses - and I wouldn't bet on Spain getting out of their group - it could be difficult for them.

The Italy/England game has been brought forward by 3 hours so we won't have to stay up until 2 a.m. to watch it. Common sense in sport, shock horror!

I'm sorry for you guys, but in my opinion England won't pass the group. Italy as first, then Uruguay, Southamericans has a very strong attack.

For the title? Bad news for Spain, Columbia and Belgium surprises, but the final will be Brazil-Germany(or Italy, I hope :p)

nenoste95 - I don't think it is too likely we will qualify. England's current skill is to underperforming against teams they should beat and overperforming against teams they can't, leading to draws.

Last summer: Ireland (h) D, Brazil (a) D

As Italy know, England can get 0-0s they don't deserve...

My money is on Brazil; history tells us no European team has prevailed when the World Cup has taken place in the Americas and Brazil has home advantage ...

teabagyokel Yes, I know that it will be an electric qualification group, but I bet on Italy and Uruguay. Maybe a draw between Italy and England.. In your opinion what will be the English starting line-up? Hart; Walker, Terry, Cahill, Baines; Gerrard, Lampard; Lennon, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain(or Lallana); Rooney ?

Olivier It's time to rewrite the history. (Joachim Low) :p

Terry is retired from international football, so he won't be there:

My uninformed prediction:

Hart; Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Gerrard, Wilshere/Carrick, Milner, Welbeck; Rooney, Sturridge.

I have a feeling Milner might make it on the right since Townsend is not playing, the non-Gerrard midfield role could be anyone.

I think that's about right teabagyokel , but I have question marks about who should be first choice alongside Gerrard as well and if Oxlaide-Chamberlain's form continues I think he should have a decent chance of starting.

teabagyokel Oh, I didn't know about JT, but is Johnson still better than Walker? In my opinion Wilshere is the best midfielder you have, why isn't he sure?
Walcott's injure is very bad..

Is Johnson still better than Walker - maybe not but he'll definitely be in the 11. There's this idea that Walker had his chance against Ukraine in qualifying when Konoplyanka tortured him.

Wilshere - I dunno, I suspect he'll go 4-4-2, Gerrard is a cert, the other has been filled in qualifying by Wilshere, Lampard, Cleverley, Carrick and Barkley as a sub, and I don't think we can rule out Henderson or Lallana either.

That's my prediction, not that I agree.

Is Johnson still better than Walker - maybe not but he'll definitely be in the 11. There's this idea that Walker had his chance against Ukraine in qualifying when Konoplyanka tortured him.

Wilshere - I dunno, I suspect he'll go 4-4-2, Gerrard is a cert, the other has been filled in qualifying by Wilshere, Lampard, Cleverley, Carrick and Barkley as a sub, and I don't think we can rule out Henderson or Lallana either.

That's my prediction, not that I agree.

Mmm..in my opinion Walker is one of the 5-6 right back players in the world, Johnson was some years ago. It's possible but I never could put Wilshere on the bench :)

Back
Top Bottom