2014 Car Launches

I think we have the 1st image of one of this seasons cars. My eyes are hurting now thanks to Force India

BekoH3aCEAAs2f1.jpg:large

I like the shape of the nose from this angle but the colours remind me of a colour-blindness test. Looking at the tweets it seems that I'm in a minority but so far it is the worst F1 colour scheme unveiled this year!

More details on the car can be found here: http://www.forceindiaf1.com/news/de...orce-india-presents-a-fresh-new-look-for-2014

The new livery also sees branding from Astana, a foundation that supports sporting initiatives by promoting the capital city of Kazakhstan.

very-nice.jpg%3Fw%3D233%26h%3D300

Last edited:
Oh I don't mind it and quite like the nose (from that angle). The airbox thing behind the driver's head looks a bit complicated. I'm sure the 'tea tray' gets more pronounced every year too. Though like most years, these cars will probably look quite different come the first race.
McLaren on Friday!

Last edited:
There's also the point that the angle of this picture is conveniently chosen so that you can't actually see any significant design features other than the fact the nose is lower. Who knows what it looks like from the front...

I'd prefer the colour scheme if there was less white/black and more orange/green but it's ok.

I posted this elsewhere in response to someone noticing that the sidepod overlaps the turning vane. I'm most likely wrong but here goes anyway:

It looks like the turning vane would be directing air flow either over the sidepod or through a channel between the sidepod and the car (maybe like a less extreme version of the L shaped sidepods of the McLaren from a few years ago). That seems consistent with the narrower front wings for 2014 making it harder to direct airflow around the tyres. Force India may have decided to direct as much airflow as possible inside the tyres and then through/over the inside edge of the sidepods, rather than around the tyres and around/under the sidepods which was the standard approach in 2013.

We'll have to wait and see I guess...

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2014/1/15397.html

Interview with Force India's technical director Andrew Green gives us some insight into the work that's gone into their 2014 car. He mentions the challenge faced by losing the ability to use exhaust gases for downforce and traction. I suspect that will hurt Red Bull somewhat more than others since they had refined that to the nth degree while the rest were still playing catch up. Some folk's are concerned about the sound of the new cars but at least we won't be hearing that odd RBR grinding noise in low speed corners. Of course we might hear different grinding noises when Turbo's blow up!:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom