Football 2014-15 Season

He was sacked by Gillingham for gross-misconduct. It's understood that he thumped the Chairman of Gillingham Paul Scally after losing to Man City in the play offs. He fought a 4 month court battle over compo for his dismissal.

I've never seen a more unpopular manager at Bristol City and we've had a few. It could have been all so different. David Moyes was on his way back from holiday to sign a contract (after a verbal agreement with us) to become our new manager only to land and find out that in a boardroom bust up, they'd voted to sign Pulis instead.

For some reason, Portsmouth who fancied seeing what crap looked like many years before their current troubles, took him off our hands after only six months. To this day I have no idea, really no idea what they saw in the bus parking hoofball merchant but there you go. I still have a copy of the fanzine published after he left which simply had the Pompy badge on the front with a banner reading, "to the board, players and fans of Portsmouth Football Club, Thankyou".

Liverpool's strange Away and Third kits actually really grew on me last year. I have a feeling this year might be the same and that thing might look OK when actually put on a human body and seen in game.

cider_and_toast - He did a good job initially with Stoke, and I half suspect that most of their supporters prefer football that doesn't make them popular. Although it does have to be said, looking at how he treats some of his most expensive signings (Tuncay, Gudjohnsen, Palacios etc.) would leave me a little cold at allowing him to open my wallet.

Essentially he is a poor man's Allardyce, but that's not to take away from the job he did keeping Palace up. Although maybe that's because Ian Holloway is pretty crap himself.

Oh yeah, he's done the job at some of the places he's been but I guess it's the same with most managers. Horses for courses and all that.

His keeping Palace up was impressive.

Malky Mackay is reportedly favourite to get the job. David Moyes had a 6 year (?) contract at Man U and as they sacked him he's still picking up his pay cheque every month. I would think Moyes will be back in a couple of years.

Could be a good choice for Palace if they get Malky Mackay as there manager as I think that Ian Ayre is also at Palace aswell, and they were a good combination when they were at Cardiff City together.

The good news is for us peasants who follow the 75 percent of the clubs in the league who aren't in the Premiership that, from tomorrow we can all bask in their glory and brilliance. All hail King Jose and his words of wisdom, the will they won't they of Man Utd qualifying for the champions league this season and the endless speculation about Arsene's future at the Gunners. Where would the rest of us be?

I've just watched the last few minutes of an MLS game and a player on the winning team just tried to fight through an injury with about a minute left in stoppage time, staying upright and on the field despite clearly hobbling along. Say what you want about American "soccer" but you have to admit we play fair- and without all that bullshit.

KITS UPDATE

Burnley 3rd -
Erm, is it going to be quite that silver? Not that I don't like silver, but... 7

Hull 3rd - Is it just me, or does this still clash with Newcastle? 6

Man City 3rd - A very, very good Fiorentina kit. 9.

Newcastle 3rd - There are those who would describe this Newcastle kit as "hideous", so its good to see some polite people still out there. 1.

Back
Top Bottom