Grand Prix 2013 Italian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Sebastian Vettel is unstoppable.
He is leading Alonso by 46 points in the championship, with some of his most successful circuits to come.
After convincingly winning at Spa (supposedly one of his weaker circuits) we move on to Monza (another of his supposedly weak circuits) for the 12th round of the season, the Italian Grand Prix. The Monza circuit, set in a royal park, has hosted the Italian Grand Prix every year except for 1980. It is vastly different from every other circuit in the calendar, requiring minimum downforce, minimum drag and a lot of horses in the engine. As it is Fewwawi's home circuit, they will be under immense pressure from the Tifosi to perform well, and, judging by their Alonso's performance at Spa, the team may as well be in a good position going into the race.

Monza is steeped in tradition, with the traditional cantilever grandstands, the traditionally vocal fans and the traditional surroundings. It is usually a place where many major driver announcements are traditionally made, as it is traditionally the last European race of the season. Of course, Ferrari & McLaren traditionally do well here, and Red Bull traditionally do not.

Last year, Lewis Hamilton strolled through the race weekend, winning convincingly, and Sergio Perez took a quite brilliant second place in his Sauber, with the Fewwawi's third and fourth. Red Bull did not score.

The weather is usually a predictable affair - there have only been three wet/varied races since 1950 (1981, 2004 & 2008) so expect it to be warm and sunny. The tight first chicane, however, leaves potential for first lap incident.

Remember, the race is live on both the BBC and Sky in two weeks, so British fans - no excuse for missing it!!!

All that remains for me to say is Ready, Steady, Discuss!!!

Last edited:
Someone on Twitter saying Massa's 'tow' was revenge for that 'block' in 2006.

There's got to be some irony in them trying the tow considering that particular shit storm.

Starting from 12th place is hardly ideal for Lewis, especially at the start going tinto the first turn. I hope that he doesn't become entangled with any possible issues, which are likely to occur. Hamilton will be able to save tires for the race, and then choose which tires to start with, but also had better pray that it doesn't rain.

Really seems like the wrong "Ferrari" driver improved his performance today. I can't help but agree with Galahad's observations.

Massa really is between the devil and the deep blue sea. If he improves too much he gets in the way of Alonso's ambitions and if he doesn't improve enough he'll be shown the door. I think we can generally translate Ferrari's public message to Massa as "If you want to be here next year you must improve enough to help Alonso's chances of taking the title".

So Nico to Ferrari it is then.

Apparently Alonso's got a mate who's starting a new job with Porche if Massa wants him to put in a good word for him. ;)

The luck seems to always fall for Vettel at the moment with his rivals always tripping up

- Kimi/ Lotus - simply not a good enough combination - the car is the problem

- Alonso/ Ferrari - not fast enough over 1 lap and seems to always find ways to screw things up

- Button/Mclaren - same problem as Ferrari but even worse

- Hamilton/ Merc - fast over 1 lap but not consistent because of the car

I wonder if Webber will go for it tomorrow down into turn 1 or are we going to get his customary tow truck start
any chance Mark will help out Alonso - his mate by battling Vettel into the first corner

Here's hoping that the Red Bulls collide

as for the rest behind

Hulkenberg will probably drop back as will Ricciardo and possibly Rosberg
whilst Massa surely will move out of the way and possibly Webber so it could Alonso vs Vettel part 3 who forces who furthest onto the grass

Lewywo4 He sounded like he had given up to me, he knows this race is important for his already slender championship hopes, but maybe tomorrow he will feel differently and he will be a bit more positive.

I don't think it will do him any good though as I've put my brogans on him to win, which probably means he will crash out in the first corner....

Last edited:
I'll have to add what a complete wancur Adrian Sutil is becoming after Canada he might have learnt his lesson but this latest incident of deliberately blocking Hamilton and spoiling his qualifying is not helping him because he has now been demoted 3 places and going to cost his team valuable points in the constructors championship

If he wants to settle the score with Hamilton - sort it like a man and tell it to his face not like a schoolboy and deliberately try to sabotage his race

I'd remind him does he want to jeopardise his future in F1 if I was team boss. I'm waiting for Ross Brawn to start making complaints about Sutil's conduct eventually

Lewywo4 He sounded like he had given up to me, he knows this race is important for his already slender championship hopes, but maybe tomorrow he will feel differently and he will be a bit more positive....

Lewis being dissapointed with his performance today is totally understandable, but I don't believe that it's a part of Lewis's character, to just as you say Meph....give up.....:nah:

teabagyokel And today during qualifying Brundle couldn't even get his facts straight, he said that Alonso was returning to the pits, when in fact he was going as fast as he could to beat the chequered flag so that he could get his qualifying lap in which he did by mere seconds..

Last edited:
I wonder if Webber will go for it tomorrow down into turn 1 or are we going to get his customary tow truck start

ll_leone.....Mark may have been given a bad rap, regarding some of his poor starts, and in some cases it may haven't been totally his fault as many believe. It seems as though that several times this season, that Mark has had problems with his clutch during the formation lap, right before the start of the race.

http://asia.eurosport.com/formula-1/red-bull-webber-issues-inexcusable_sto3898010/story.shtml

I am going to spend this glorious day doing something productive outside instead of watching another grimly inevitable waltz to victory by the insufferable digit.

To be honest, everything about F1 is irritating me these days, from Sky's frankly desperate attempts to make their inflated coverage interesting (Pinkham cooks pasta with Pastor:rolleyes:, Johnny Herbert opening his mouth, Ian McShane telling me all the ways I can watch Sky F1, etc.), to Bernie's relentless obfuscation, Horner's drearily unconvincing sound bites about how difficult Red Bull are finding things, or overplaying the tyre debates. I've just had enough of it all this year, frankly.

Just give Vettel the silverware now, and we can go and do something more useful with our lives until Melbourne next year.

Oh, and has he figured out why he's getting booed yet? Here's a hint Seb- you've ruined F1 for the rest of us, you tedious little twat.:goodday:

Lewywo4 He sounded like he had given up to me, he knows this race is important for his already slender championship hopes, but maybe tomorrow he will feel differently and he will be a bit more positive.

I don't think it will do him any good though as I've put my brogans on him to win, which probably means he will crash out in the first corner....

Mercedes probably passed a message when he only qualified in 12th - "Mister Hamilton? For you zer vor ist over."

Back
Top Bottom