2013 Driver Line Up

What has happened (or maybe not happened would be better) to Sam Bird? Yes, I do know about the Renault series but as far as F1 is concerned he seems to have disappeared from the radar.

I expected a few more announcements this week, now that the season has ended.

It seems odd that seven seats are still vacant (I'm not including HRT as they won't be back in 2013).

teabagyokel I agree, I still have no clue why that man isn't racing in F1. Or Luca Filippi. Complaints about no Italian drivers on the grid, so why not add one of these guys. Both incredible drivers, pretty clearly too.

CURRENTLY AND LIKELY:

1. Sebastian Vettel
2. Mark Webber
3. Fernando Alonso
4. Felipe Massa
5. Jenson Button
6. Sergio Perez
7. Kimi Raikkonen
8. Romain Grosjean?
9. Lewis Hamilton
10. Nico Rosberg
11. Nico Hulkenburg
12. Esteban Gutierrez
14. Paul di Resta?
15. ?
16. Pastor Maldonado
17. Valteri Bottas
18. Jean-Eric Vergne
19. Daniel Ricciardo
20. Charles Pic
21. ?
22. Timo Glock
23. Max Chilton?
24. Pedro de la Rosa?
25. Ma Qing Ha?

What has happened (or maybe not happened would be better) to Sam Bird? Yes, I do know about the Renault series but as far as F1 is concerned he seems to have disappeared from the radar.

I'm afraid to say that Bird was shown up somewhat in the Renault World Series by Frinjs and Bianchi and that might be why his name is less spoken about. Alexander Rossi who was also the next big thing did even worse in that series and his career is looking even bleaker.

Bianchi is an interesting one as he was the next big thing and had an awful year in GP2 in 2011. His season in the World Series this year did someway to repairing that but am surprised we're not hearing him talked about more where the Force India drive is concerned seeing as he had friday time and was their test driver this year. I guess we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom