2013 Driver Line Up

True, it's a shame that talent no longer seems the basis for certain aspects of F1,but then again it's nothing new.

I don't want to sound controversial but it's because she's a woman.

No its because she's a woman who has big financial backers and a powerful husband. There are a lot more talented Female drivers out there including a couple of very promising youngsters who are venturing up the lower formula on talent who would have been a far better option for Williams if it was just about wanting a women. Think money comes first then publicity.

Mephistopheles

Why sould someone who hasn't been at the sharp of end of a junior series (or OAP perhaps ;)) be given a development driver opportunity with an F1 team when there are people like like Robin Frijns saying he doubts he'll even get to sit in the Sauber this year.

Ah well you see the first drive in any new car is simply a shake down to do a systems check and make sure everything is working as it should and if daddy want's to twist Frank's arm with a bit of money the first drive is the least harmful way of doing it, there is no way she will be traveling anywhere near flat out it is like the first lap of any FP leave the pits go round and back in no harm done and everyone is happy especially daddy...

Don't know where to put this, but a quick Excel graphic of the starting combinations of each team since 2007:

CTA.png

It's showing driver 1 and driver 2 moving between teams - the gaps are due to new drivers and existing drivers not having a new contract.

So the very top point (top left) is Alonso moving from driver 1 at McLaren to driver 1 at Ferrari, via Renault.

Only took em nearly a week after he posted his contract online to do it bless em.

One more seat to go and I'm still dancing to the birdy song that it won't be Bruno Senna!

Looks like it'll be Bianchi or Rossieter and despite my current avatar (which I'll prob change later to confuse you) I'm not too fussed over which. I think its most likely to be Bianchi but Rossieter is an interesting option.

Back
Top Bottom