Football 2013/14 season

Who will win the 2013/14 Premier League?

• Arsenal

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Aston Villa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cardiff

• Chelsea

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Crystal Palace

• Everton

• Fulham

• Hull

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Man City

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Man Utd

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Newcastle

• Norwich

• Southampton

• Stoke

• Sunderland

• Swansea

• Tottenham

• West Ham

• West Brom

• Total voters

mjo

Procrastinating
Contributor
With the football fixtures out, and the draw for the first round of the league cup revealed, I thought that it would be a good time to start up the thread for the upcoming season.
Fixtures and draw here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fixtures
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/fixtures
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/fixtures
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/fixtures
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-cup/fixtures

What are you hoping from your team this season? Can the promoted teams survive the drop? How will Moyes, Mourinho and Pellegrini settle into their new jobs? The Football League season starts on August 3rd and the Premier League season on August 17th. And the FA Cup final is now the last game of the season.

Also; remember if you have BT broadband then you can watch free premier league and European football, and Sky will show you the first day of the premier league season for free, regardless of whether you have Sky or not.

Oh, and I've added a poll, asking who you think will win the Premier League.

Come on Arsenal and MK Dons!!!

Moderator people, for some reason only two teams came up out of the 20 and I can't edit the poll??

Great poll! It's gonna be a two-horse between those two anyway. Forget all the other crap teams. Just kidding. I love Arsenal, but Mr Wenger won't sign quality players again probably. I'm quite surprised that Arteta, Wilshere and Cazorla have not been sold yet...

I voted Man City - either way, it'll be very open; no team will run away with it.

I'm looking forward to this season as a Preston fan, this is without a doubt our best shot at promotion since we were relegated a few years ago

Have we got a secret Hull City supporter on here.

That vote would be from me. I'm a Leeds fan and consequently I don't give a shit about the poncy prima donnas of the premier league. Thought I would shake the vote up and pick the team least likely to win! Definitely not a Hull fan though, the 1st game I ever went to we lost 2-0 to 'ull. Bad times.

Between Chelsea, Manchester City and United for me :).

Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool and Spurs could have a massive scrap for 4th IMHO. But if Spurs Sign Villa, Soldado and Paulinho and keep Bale then I fancy them to get fourth :ok:.

Can see Swansea struggling a bit this season with European games on a Thursday they'll be playing on a Sunday meaning the pressure will be on them to catch up on those who get points on the Saturday.

Fancy West Brom to do well again this season and reckon West Ham will do well as well.

Fingers-crossed as a Boro fan both Sunderland and Newcastle get relegated and we get promoted :). Would be great but unrealistic.

But for me this year it's all about La Liga - I'm a massive fan of the league and think the Atletico Madrid could threaten again this season. But fingers-crossed Barcelona will win it again and not them pixies at Real Madrid.

HammydiRestarules the Swans still have to qualify for the Europa League group stages first as they are in the 3rd qualifying round at the moment. If they do get into the group stages then as you say they have to play on a Thursday and then on a Sunday which could be a bit of a struggle for them. If they can buy a decent striker who can score 15+ goals it will help take some of the burden of Michu.

HammydiRestarules the Swans still have to qualify for the Europa League group stages first as they are in the 3rd qualifying round at the moment. If they do get into the group stages then as you say they have to play on a Thursday and then on a Sunday which could be a bit of a struggle for them. If they can buy a decent striker who can score 15+ goals it will help take some of the burden of Michu.

It's funny how playing on a Wednesday then a Saturday makes absolutely no odds to Champions League teams but yet play Europa League on a Thursday and you're absolutely f****d for three days.

From Wikipedia:
CTA.png

CTA.png

The vast majority of teams in both competitions is from Western/Central Europe.

Newcastle had a group in the UEL consisting of a French, Belgian and Portuguese team (admittedly from Madeira)>
Chelsea's UCL group had Italians, Belgians and Ukrainians.

In actual fact, a UCL group containing an English side is less likely to have teams from the West because they're all seeded.

Back
Top Bottom