• Q2 - 3 Hamilton passed 12 Maldonado

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Lap 5 - 5 Alonso passed 6 Massa for 3rd / 3 Hamilton passed 6 Massa for 4th

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Lap 9 - 2 Webber passed 5 Alonso for 8th

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Lap 10 - 1 Vettel passed 8 Rosberg for 2nd

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Lap 18 - 4 Button passed 10 Petrov for 9th / 4 Button passed 17 Pérez for 8th

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Lap 19 - 11 Barrichello passed 17 Pérez for 10th / 17 Pérez passed 11 Barrichello for 10th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lap 24 - 4 Button passed 6 Massa for 5th

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Webbers overtake was impressive but was also very very risky

If Alonso had moved over to the left a little, not seeing Webber or just making a slight mistake under pressure, we could be talking about the biggest smash for a while.

With the stewarding decisions and the attitude of certain pundits and fans to other recent 'risky' moves, how can the one that was lucky to turn out well be any better than similar ones that were unlucky to turn out not well?

I have made a fuller comment in the double standards thread

Its one of those, if it works it's amazing, if it doesn't it's silly and dangerous.

It was fascinating and extremely brave, but i won't be voting for it i don't think because it relied heavily on a very aware and quick reacting Alonso. Both cars could just as easy have been in the barrier, hard.

I like that battle. Good driving from all parties to avoid each other, particularly the little slide as Massa desperately tries to get some grip out of the corner, so it gets a nomination as one move i think...

Lap 5 - 5 Alonso passed 6 Massa for 3rd / 3 Hamilton passed 6 Massa for 4th

Updated list

Q2 - 3 Hamilton passed 12 Maldonado

Lap 5 - 5 Alonso passed 6 Massa for 3rd / 3 Hamilton passed 6 Massa for 4th

Lap 9 - 2 Webber passed 5 Alonso for 8th

Lap 10 - 1 Vettel passed 8 Rosberg for 2nd

Lap 18 - 4 Button passed 10 Petrov for 9th / 4 Button passed 17 Pérez for 8th

Lap 24 - 4 Button passed 6 Massa for 5th

Yes it was at Eau Rouge, tyre stages do not matter the fact it was at Eau Rouge just settles it for me! If that didn't happen it would of been Vettel at blanchimont

Hmm I'm torn between Webber's pass on Alonso at Eau Rouge and Hamilton's pass on Massa after Rivage. While Alonso's overtake was also good I think he was very lucky that they removed the gravel trap.

The stand out moves for me are Alonso/Hamilton on Massa, Webber on Alonso and Vettel on Rosberg and I'm going to find it tough to decide which one gets my vote!

EDIT: Having said all that Hamilton on Maldonado in Q2 was good as well given the circumstances (he needed that lap to get through). Most drivers would have backed out I feel.

Back
Top Bottom