• Q2 - 3 Hamilton passed 12 Maldonado

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Lap 5 - 5 Alonso passed 6 Massa for 3rd / 3 Hamilton passed 6 Massa for 4th

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Lap 9 - 2 Webber passed 5 Alonso for 8th

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Lap 10 - 1 Vettel passed 8 Rosberg for 2nd

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Lap 18 - 4 Button passed 10 Petrov for 9th / 4 Button passed 17 Pérez for 8th

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Lap 19 - 11 Barrichello passed 17 Pérez for 10th / 17 Pérez passed 11 Barrichello for 10th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lap 24 - 4 Button passed 6 Massa for 5th

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
I believe this is the Webber we'll see for the rest of the year as well. What does he have to lose? Both titles are sewn up, he's got his drive for next year, and now he's down 7-0 in the win column to his teammate.

Although it could be said that Mark was never the most circumspect driver anyway.

Alonso/Hamilton on Massa (especially Hamilton's part, Massa was almost putting him on the grass and he kept his foot in) or Webber on Alonso (having walked up eau rouge I can tell you how scary that move must have been!

Honourable mention to Hamilton on Maldonado in Q2 :)

Pretty poor effort by the onboard director this week. Here was the coverage breakdown.

Lap 1 - 10: Schumacher
Lap 10 - 18: Massa
Lap 18 - 21: Button
Lap 22 - 28: Alonso
Lap 28 - 44: Webber

Are we all done nominating?

I would have liked to see a nomination for one of the passes on 1st place, but none of them were particularly inspiring...

Button's pass on Sutil lap 23 was good, but arguably not as good as as the pass he made on Massa in the same spot one lap later, which is already nominated.

Schumacher made a lot of passes, but i didn't see any stunning moves.

I do have one more though, from lower in the order:

Lap 19 - 11 Barrichello passed 17 Pérez for 10th / 17 Pérez passed 11 Barrichello for 10th

I think i was impressed, maybe relieved, to see a Williams battle another car that wasn't one of the new teams.

So here's the latest list:

Q2 - 3 Hamilton passed 12 Maldonado

Lap 5 - 5 Alonso passed 6 Massa for 3rd / 3 Hamilton passed 6 Massa for 4th

Lap 9 - 2 Webber passed 5 Alonso for 8th

Lap 10 - 1 Vettel passed 8 Rosberg for 2nd

Lap 18 - 4 Button passed 10 Petrov for 9th / 4 Button passed 17 Pérez for 8th

Lap 19 - 11 Barrichello passed 17 Pérez for 10th / 17 Pérez passed 11 Barrichello for 10th

Lap 24 - 4 Button passed 6 Massa for 5th

Please feel free to drop in another nomination over the next day or so before we close down and put the poll up!

Thanks

There's quite a lot that I found quite good, unfortunately I forgot them, so I will do the best I can.

18 Buemi passed 17 Pérez for 6th - (didn't see this, but I know it will be great if the Moose is the one doing the business)

Lap 10 - 1 Vettel passed 8 Rosberg for 2nd

Laps 14-16 - Safety Car

Lap 24 - 4 Button passed 6 Massa for 5th

Lap 27 - 17 Pérez passed 9 Senna for 16th (surprised those two avoided a collision!)

Lap 33 - 16 Kobayashi passed 6 Massa for 11th
6 Massa passed 16 Kobayashi for 11th

I know I am missing a fair few.

I found it difficult to choose between the Massa/Alonso/Hamilton series of overtakes and Webber on Alonso at Eau Rouge. I've gone for Webber, I know it was reckless and could have result in an almighty accident but he had the balls to do it and pulled it off (thanks to the awareness of Alonso).

I went for Button on Massa at the Bus Stop - it was incisive, yet respectful from both drivers, and great driving from them.

Honourable mention to Hamilton mugging Massa out of Rivage - great opportunism.

The Webber/Alonso Eau Rouge one was just another example of Webber having the Red Mist - a lesser driver than Alonso may have had them both in the barrier. Exciting, but not necessarily good driving from Webber (though Alonso did very well not to allow an accident).

(I am aware that I'm paddling against the flow on this one, but I thought it needed saying! :yes:)

I think there are quite a few that agree RoB. It was certainly entertaining, brave, cringe worthy, exciting etc etc, but was it measured, considered and even safe? :s:nah:

I don't want to detract from it too much either, but it was a banzai move on someone warming their tyres out of the pits, that was entirely reliant on the guy in front looking behind him.

I have often heard that Stefan Bellof's attempted overtake at Eau Rouge that cost him his life was "crazy". Racing IS safer than it was in the 80's, but as has been said on here many times, IF, Alonso hadn't seen Mark, or reacted so quickly, that could have been the mother & father of all accidents. He would have had a great tow up Kemmel, so it wasn't like it was now or never. Reckless in my opinion, but I understand that others may see it differently. It was certainly great television........

I was going to go for Vettel on Rosberg, but I switched it up to Hamilton/Maldonado.

Pretty much exemplifies Lewis' take-no-prisoners driving style. A lot of guys would have gotten out of it and then bitch about being held up. He saw a car in his way, saw his entry into Q3 slipping away, saw a small gap, and took it with just the slightest of contact. It was really a shame that it got muddied up soon-after.

I didn't find Vettel's pass on Rosberg that impressive to be honest, the Mercedes was the slower car, on old tyres while Vettel was in the best car with the freshest tyres. Rosberg got poor traction out of the second Stavelot and Vettel almost had the pass done then, he could hardly muscle Vettel without getting a penalty. But I'm not hating on Vettel, I'm sure he could overtake he just doesn't an opportunity very often when the variables between the cars are reasonably similar.

My opinion is that the Webber/Alonso overtake looked spectacular but was easier than it looked. Alonso had just come out of the pits on cold tyres driving a Ferrari known to be slow at warming up it's tyres. We have also seen in the past that Alonso and Webber fight hard but leave just sufficient space for the other driver to stay on the track.

I went for the Alonso/Massa overtake, everyone has been saying that Massa rolls over and lets Alonso past. In this case he certainly did not.

Back
Top Bottom